Events with Images for FFH

ostar

Warlord
I have released Events With Images for Fall from Heaven. This modmod has images appear in the event window that (hopefully) enhances the interest of the event. No new events are included and no current ones changed. No other modifications including rules are done. All this mod does is gave an image to the 100+ already existing FfH events.

You can download it here.

All but a couple of the random events for standard FfH have images already included in the download. In a few days I will release an add-on that includes events for the More Events Modmod, as well as a couple of new events I have been working on.

Modders are welcome to use this in any way this wish.

very nice, already merged. two things

1.) you don't need these code parts in CvInfos.cpp, they are only necessary for variables that change during gameplay
// Begin EmperorFool: Events with Images
stream->ReadString(m_szEventArt);
// End EmperorFool: Events with Images

stream->WriteString(m_szEventArt);

2.) I have packed the Art Files into a FPK file (same sytem FFH uses for its art) Just put the file into the Assets folder and delete the art files you added from the Art folder and the mod will load a little bit faster

http://www.filefront.com/15669161/EventArt.FPK

Thanks for the kind words. BTW there are images for the FFH More Events Modmod already included in the download, but not in the xml - I wanted as basic as possible first.
I will post a list of the file names already in the download for those who want to use them later.

very nice, already merged. two things

1.) you don't need these code parts in CvInfos.cpp, they are only necessary for variables that change during gameplay
stream->ReadString(m_szEventArt);

stream->WriteString(m_szEventArt);

2.) I have packed the Art Files into a FPK file (same sytem FFH uses for its art) Just put the file into the Assets folder and delete the art files you added from the Art folder and the mod will load a little bit faster

http://www.filefront.com/15669161/EventArt.FPK
Interesting, I never thought about using an FPK.
Also I wasn't sure about the CvInfos.cpp but figured better safe than sorry.

Here's the list I promised.
The following images named below are for the FFH More Events ModMod by black imperator (found here.) The images are already included in the Events with Images download, so you don't need to redownload anything. I just did not make an xml file for them, because not every one uses the More Events mod. If you or your mod does, then just add the line
<EventArt>Art\EventImages\image_name_below.dds</EventArt> to the event in CIV4EventTriggers.xml.

Event Name Image Name

Gela e_gela.dds
Strange Adept e_strangeadept.dds
Hell Refugees e_hellrefugees.dds
Scholars e_scholars.dds
Trapped Frostlings e_frostlings.dds
Pacifist Demonstration e_pacifistdemonstration.dds
Demon Sign e_demonsign.dds
Hanging Sisters e_hangingsisters.dds
Ash Cough e_ashcough.dds
Dead Angel e_deadangel.dds
Depressed Toymaker e_depressedtoymaker.dds
Devastating Plague e_devestatingplague.dds
(Yes, mispelled devastating, sorry, but it will still work)
Massive Suicide e_massivesuicide.dds
Necro Cannibalism e_necrocannibalism.dds
Hell Portal e_hellportal.dds
Ghost Ship e_ghostship.dds
Orphaned Goblin e_orphanedgoblin.dds
That Kind of Day e_thatkindofday.dds
Corrupt Judge e_corruptjudge.dds
Wayward Elves e_waywardelves.dds
Renowned Market e_renownedmarket.dds
Board Game e_boardgame.dds
Traveller e_traveller.dds
Unfortunate Spy e_unfortunatespy.dds
Overcrowded Dungeon e_overcrowdeddungeon.dds
Ancient Burial e_ancientburial.dds
Mad Golemicist e_madgolemicist.dds
Cookbook e_cookbook.dds
Elder Death e_elderdeath.dds
Skilled Jeweler e_skilledjeweler.dds
Great Speaker e_greatspeaker.dds
Redecoration e_redecoration.dds
Younger Council e_youngercouncil.dds
Princess Rule e_princessrule.dds

Again, all these images are already in the download - you just have to link them in the CIV4EventTriggers.xml as listed above if you are or want to use the FFH More Events modmod.

I found a small bug.
The path of EVENTTRIGGER_CIRCLE_OF_GAELAN_2 and Gaelan_3 is incorrect (Gaelan_1 works fine)

found another small one. maybe already fixed, don't know.

picture is Art\EventImages\e_orphange.dds but
EVENTTRIGGER_ORPHANAGE_FIRE
lists Art\EventImages\e_orphanage.dds

after playing with it quite a bit I have to say pictures are really nice :goodjob:

I've been playing with this in Wildmana...

have to say I like it but frankly i'd rather not have it.

It may be because of settings on my end or the resolution i play in but the pictures are so big they cause me to have to scroll around to see all the options for the event. I like the pics they are neat but they are slowing down my experince (not significantly but slightly annoying)

I've been playing with this in Wildmana...

have to say I like it but frankly i'd rather not have it.

It may be because of settings on my end or the resolution i play in but the pictures are so big they cause me to have to scroll around to see all the options for the event. I like the pics they are neat but they are slowing down my experince (not significantly but slightly annoying)

I'm a fan of this mod and would love to use it in my add-on and/or in RifE but I'm not able to merge it because I don't know anything about C++...

I have merged this modcomp with my FFH2 build including also More Events Expanded. Thank you for your work, it is great! :)

I noticed one problem, though. In many cases, the last part of the text does not appear. Options (in case the event has them) appear fine. What can I do to solve this problem?

Top Bottom