Infantry with Melee Combat Animations

SaibotLieh

Emperor
Similar to my modification of the Rifleman I've added the second pikeman melee combat animation to the Infantry to enable them to fight back with their riflebutt in melee combat:

Spoiler :

In fact I've made the most of this modification at the same time I did the Rifleman one, but just couldn't get it to work. Well, while reading The_Coyote's tutorial 'How to: make minor changes to existing animation without 3Ds max' out of other reasons I learnt about the necessity of setting the right node-flags. Tried it out with my modification and now it works like a charm. :)

Download link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14346

:goodjob: great.
I use some units with infantry animations in my mod, and when i'll add charle88's alien units, i'll have a need for melee combat animations.

Haven't thought technical about it, is it more than "just" a changed .kfm and an additional .kf?

Thanks. :)

I use some units with infantry animations in my mod, and when i'll add charle88's alien units, i'll have a need for melee combat animations.

Haven't thought technical about it, is it more than "just" a changed .kfm and an additional .kf?

It's a bit more. I had to add the Bip01 L Clavicle node and a second rifle to the Infantry model. Further, some of the original Infantry .kf files had to be changed to make these additions invisible during the normal Infantry animations. Because of this just adding the files to the other units won't work. But you can try to use the modified Infantry and swap its NiSkinInstance and the NiTriShapeData for the new unit's via NifSkope. That might work.

Top Bottom