LSOE 3-Huayna

EMT

Hated by the Spaniards(?)
Welcome to Lost Souls of the Earth 3-Huayna Capac, where the goal of this game is to play through an Earth map using the CustomEarth2 mapscript and try to keep a certain amount of flavor in it.

Chapters:
Parte Uno: El Imperio Incaica y sus Creencias Estranas(The Inca Empire and It's Beliefs)
Parte 2: La Gran Confederacion Incaica de las Cinco Creencias(The Great Incan Confederation of the Five Faiths)
Parte 3: El Reino Del Cielo(The Kingdom of Heaven)

Since we'll be playing as Huayna Capac, Inca of Tahuantsinsuyu, we will not settle a city east of the Andes until 1400 AD. Yep, I'm planning on sticking to 3 cities, until 1400 AD. This may be my most insane challenge yet!

Or not :p We're playing using the Giant Earth Map map! Meaning, if you want to shadow, you better have balls. We're playing standard size, meaning there will be 6-7 civs(I'm not sure if I changed it) that we don't know about yet. More importantly, you know how much space that is? :eek: We'll be nice and safe all the way in the Andes. If we meet anyone before 1000 AD, I'll be shocked. Anyway, on to Huayna himself:

Financial and Industrious roughly summarize as, 'You get to the wonders first and build them first too'. Huayna's big lead over any other Civ is that he will most likely get to the wonder first and beat you to it too, making him a favorite for Immortal, where getting wonders before the AI is possible, but not likely. We'll be sticking to Monarch, although I promise to play Emperor on the next map. The settings:

You'll notice that we have ALWAYS PEACE on. I did mention that my next game would be a peaceful builder game, and it will be, most certainly :yup: Although it's not like there's really a threat to us, apart from possibly the Maya.

Now, the Quechua:

Nearly completely useless apart from barb spawnbusters in this game. :rolleyes: No one closeby to kill, if there where, then Always Peace makes it null and void anyway. Although, we'll probably get more use of this UU then any other AI will get out of his, unless it's Mali or Sumer, or another civ with early UUs.

Regarding the Terrace:

Basically a granary with the culture of a library. If you play on higher levels, this thing can be godly, while the lower you play, the more useless it becomes. Also, seeing as we're in the Andes, we won't be able to chop crap, so it'll essentially serve the role of a standard granary. So much for Huayna's godly uniques.

Now, the save. I decided to just post a save instead that's at Monarch. If you plan to shadow(and you're one brave soul if you do), then I hope you're comfortable at this level. :p Wish me luck, Andean Adventures may result in this: :suicide:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, regarding settling. Where should I settle? We have to think historically and geographically here. There where never any sheep in the Andes, just Llamas, Alpacas, and their relatives. I'm assuming the sheep represent Llamas and other domesticated animals. Meanwhile, the Andes are famous for their ludicrous amounts of Gold, Silver, and Copper. Settling on top of the forested tundra hill next to the gold seems best to me, because that way we can actually BUILD a work boat for that fish without doing some weird fort spamming. Meanwhile, it looks like the fish is surrounded by mountains except to the southwest of that fish tile.....Goddamn, this hurts :( Maybe I should explore around a bit before settling? Maybe even move to the coast, which is Southwest of the current location? I need advice here!

Attachments

• LSOE 3-Huayna 4000 BC.CivBeyondSwordSave
    274.5 KB · Views: 87
I say settle in place and get the fish some other way.
Question: How you gonna get the hut on the peak

GEM has some stupid resource arrangements and a lot of custom settings I don't like, but I'll see what I can do. Always peace means that culture, AP, and Space should be pretty easy...especially the first 2.

youknowwhatitis: I think culture will eventually pop huts. It wouldn't be a shock to see huts as late as 1900 AD on this map, maybe even until the end of the game.

gagnarath: The fish in the lake is actually fairly realistic, except lake Titicaca is a freshwater lake, so it should be even more broken :p

TMIT: I applaud your bravery, although there are no funny settings. It's the raw map with no other supplements. That's why I luv CustomEarth2 and I started the series. Although, the end score treats it as though it where a standard map. It's a bit frustrating playing a Babylon that covers all of Europe all the way to India, Central Asia, all of North Africa, and half of Subsaharan Africa be considered 'average' /end rant

Anyway, it seems like I will be settling in place unless moving my Quechua makes me squeal OMGOMGOMGOMG like a little girl.

Well, I'm Peruvian, so in a way, playing the Inca Empire is representin mah hood boiiiiiii :worship:
Then, I decided, should I settle Cuzco or Lima as a capital? I decided to move my warrior. While I didn't exactly squeal, it made things more.................interesting when I moved my warrior. *insert your imagination showing me squealing here*

Do I move to the coast, or do I settle in place. Question of the century right here :p

Spoiler :
Wow...the barbs are insane on this map. I really didn't have a problem with them but they were constant. I settled on the coast.

I hate the fact that there are lots of tribal huts spawning on mountain peaks :mad:

Start ----> Finish (1680 AD).

Spoiler :

The screenshots should sum up what happened in this game with pristine clarity. After moving toward the coast, I saw the triple fish site and liked it as a capitol. City #2 was very strong too and I split up my wonders to get some better culture distribution (and to not overpower my artist farming more than necessary). City #3 was just an OK city plopped because I need 3 cities to win this way. 9 artists bombs later it was my 2nd city to go legendary.

Probably among the most ridiculous things I've ever posted. "Insane" it was. "Challenge" not so much :lol:.

This is great- I forgot that CE2 has GEM on it. No Brazil! Yay!

TMIT-
Spoiler :
Did you ONLY have 3 cities? And met no-one? UBER AWESOME.

:lol:

Setup map...... Setup map........ Setup maaaaaaaap.....

Well, I can already tell this is going to be short. I managed to manually tech to Philosophy.....before 1 AD! :lol: It's a rather quick round, so I'm not going to use spoiler tags for this one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parte Uno: El Imperio Incaica y sus Creencias Estranas(The Inca Empire and It's Beliefs)

Huayna Capac had long been a shepherd of Llamas. His father had done this, his grandfather had, his great grandfather had, as long as anybody could remember, the Quechuan people had been Llama herders. One starry night, Huyna gazed at the stars and saw one shining so brightly he knew it must be a sign. He followed it until he eventually came to a hill where he could see a river, plentiful amounts of Llama, and precious minerals aplenty. Huayna settled down there with his family, and he began to toil the land. Eventually, other people wandered into this area and accepted Huayna as the natural leader of this community. He swelled with pride whenever he thought of this, and he eventually decided to pray in his archaic ways to Manco Capac, his great ancestor for guidance on what to do with so many people. Manco Capac answered back from the heavens that Huayna must conquer all of Peru in the name of Estado, Nacion, y Patria. When Huayna inquired what the hell his predecessor had been talking about, he did understand his predecessor's request for him to annex territory. He named his settlement Cuzco, and flew the rainbow flag, much to the snickers of the community, although he never understood why they laughed at the flag. He gathered a band of Quechuas, and he prepared to conquer.

Huayna conquered much territory, but the thought of killing more people sickened him. He went back to the cliff where he prayed to Manco Capac, who suggested meditation and yoga. Huayna contemplated this, and he mediated for many years. Eventually, he thought of the ways he had subdued others. He must conquer the willing, by peace and not war. He must create an entity that could guide others to do so. So, for the next few decades, Huayna ate like a pig, until his belly was big and bubbly, and his face chubby. Eventually, he returned to his people, and proclaimed himself Buddha Capac.

Buddha Capac decided to investigate more uses for Llama. At this point, all they did was herd and kill Llama when they needed them, but their bones and fleeces went to waste. Huayna mediated some more, asking for the great gods that sponsored peace to give him more knowledge. After several hundred years, they answered back with a gift.

That same year, he discovered another backwards tribe, that had squatted on the land and knew nothing but carving rocks. Buddha Capac was shocked, and in his kindness taught them the concept of being assimilated through peace. These villagers returned to Cuzco, and with them, the concept of Masonry.

Huayna continued to investigate all the metals he found near Cuzco, and one particular one stood it. It was of a crimson color, and was very sharp. Huayna's people had used this metal to skin Llama for centuries, but they had never found a more practical use. Buddha Capac prayed, prayed, and prayed. Eventually, an axe flew down from the sky and barely missed Buddha Capac's head. Furious, he began to meditate some more, but he noticed it was made of Bronze. He thanked his ancestors and the gods, and reported the news back to his people.

During this time that Buddha Capac, or Huaynie, as he was known to his people, had been off investigating metals, his people had been building a monument to peace and prosperity from which Huaynie could offer his wisdom in Buddhism. They called it the Oracle, and in inspiration, Huaynie started blabbering about standards, laws, and respect. They looked at him as though he where crazy, but he kept on saying 'Huaynie says' before everything he said. They looked at him oddly but allowed him to introduce a new concept to Buddhism. Huaynieism.

Meanwhile, his people had been overpopulation Cuzco while he was away, for he could not name half the people in Cuzco when he returned. In an effort to make himself not look bad, he gathered up all the newcomers and sent them to found a coastal village where fish where plentiful.

Huaynie had become very self-conscious of his weight and belly as he had struggled to lead the settlers to Tiwanaku, the city of fish. Huaynie thus began carving rocks in the shape of him, showing him as a muscular, handsome, and tall. Huaynie was none of these, but it made him feel a lot better. Soon, it had become a contest throughout his realm to see who could make a better image of Huaynie. Thus, Aesthetics was born.

A few select people in Cuzco had been whining for ages that they had writing but no place to archive it. Buddha Capac got so sick and tired of it that he not only built a library, he built a library full of all his people's knowledge AND depicting statues of him in his holy glory.

Eventually, Buddha Capac became frustrated. There where a thousand variations on his laws, beliefs, and way of life he advocated throughout his kingdom. He had become so sick and tired of it that he standardized Buddhism through churches. Yes, Buddha Capac had discovered Buddhianity! He quickly purged the population of anybody that did not follow his exact beliefs, but the act of killing went against everything he stood for! His people where furious with him, and he returned to repent at the cliff.

Eventually, the gods answered him with a piece of Llama skin that showed a massive spiral with the words 'Freedom is key' written on it. Buddha Capac answered the callings of the gods by replicating the monument outside of Cusco, and he decreed religious freedom. In a way, it was how he apologized to his people for the crusade against heresy and the incredible number of people that died.

Buddha Capac completed his repentsion by building a massive tower that overlooked the fisheries of Tiwanaku, guiding the sailors safely back to port so that no more lives would ever be lost.

Buddha Capac continued to study ways in which he could possibly improve his beliefs, and he began to theorize about the very nature of the gods. He apparently guessed right eventually, because the gods rewarded him with another piece of paper depicting three spirals.

Buddha Capac founded his final settlement, the city of Machu Picchu, in the southern choke point where aggressive barbarians seemed to come from. He sent settlers, missionaries, and others to go and aid in establishing the new settlement. He also established the post of philosophical professor of the Great Library of Cuzco and expanded the Library with an Academy where others could study.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking culture at this point. I'm going wonderspam happy and snagged many important wonders, save the Great Wall/Pyramids. I'm thinking, spam religions, build cathedrals, and turn up the culture slider once I get the hermitage, and after much clicking, victory shall be mine.

Attachments

• LSOE 3-Huayna 1 AD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    503.8 KB · Views: 66
Eating more than you need is kinda against Buddhism :lmao:
Blame the American educational system?:p

You're a good writer :)
Really? I consider myself to be acceptable at best and downright dreadful at worst. If I reread what I've typed up, I notice a bunch of typos and I miss even more typos. Thanks for the compliment, hopefully I'll be able to carry that over into the Shaka game.........the plains......the plains! They lack of grasslands scare me.....:(

Blame the American educational system?:p

:lol: I will!

Really? I consider myself to be acceptable at best and downright dreadful at worst. If I reread what I've typed up, I notice a bunch of typos and I miss even more typos. Thanks for the compliment, hopefully I'll be able to carry that over into the Shaka game.........the plains......the plains! They lack of grasslands scare me.....:(

Well, it's a funny text. Though like you said the grammar could be improved ;)

Top Bottom