Inhabited Planets Modmod

TC01

Deity
Inhabited Planets v0.96 Beta for Star Trek 3.25 (Now included in 4.0!)

This is a now defunct modmod for Star Trek that adds an "Inhabited Planets" system (read on to find out more about it). It is defunct because deanej has merged it with the main Star Trek mod and is now standard as of 4.0.

Therefore, the download has been removed, so as not to confuse people. If you want the source code... (the original source code), please either post that in this thread or PM me.

Otherwise, this thread can be used for discussion about Inhabited Planets, as set up in 4.0.

Original Description:

This is a beta of my Inhabited Planets mod. I proposed "Inhabited Planets" in this thread- essentially, certain solar systems would be inhabited by an alien race that provides a bonus when your ship moves onto the plot. It is to reflect the fact that many planets in the Star Trek universe are inhabited.

So, here is the first release of it. Everything (to my knowledge) works fine. When your ship moves over a tile marked "Inhabited", several things can happen. The aliens can provide you with credits, a map of the area surrounding their system, or a technology, or even give you a city! (This is a bit rarer than all the others). Or, the aliens can attempt to shoot your ship down (your ship is damaged slightly and barbarian units spawn).

What hasn't been done to make it a beta? Well, PsiCorps proposed actually having some inhabited systems become new civs- new major civs, not just new barbarian cities. So I decided that I would add prewarp civilizations that could "discover warp drive" from your ship and become new major civs. I've added code to do this, but I have not yet added any pre-warp civs- so this won't happen yet.

It does not work for any of the Star Trek scenarios, only the full mod. It can be made compatible with my Wormholes mod, but you must install it first. See step 3 in the install instructions for more on that.

The DLL source is included for modders.

Feature List:

• A new goody improvement, called "Inhabited" and represented by the barbarian icon, has been added. It can only appear on a solar system.
  • Goodies can now be restricted to specific improvements.
  • New goodies have been added that can only occur on Inhabited improvements.
  • These goodies are:
    • Give the player a new technology (common)
    • Give the player a map of the surrounding area (common)
    • Give the player credits (common)
    • Damage the player's ship and spawn some Warp 5 ships (common)
    • Give the player a new city on the plot (uncommon)
Links:
Ideas Thread
Wormholes

Download removed, due to mod integration in 4.0. (121 downloads since release).

Changelog:

Code:
v0.96 Changelog:
-Made compatible with Star Trek 3.25

v0.95 Changelog:
-Made compatible with Star Trek 3.23
-Fixed bug where you would get multiple results from one goody

To Install:
1. Unzip the files to a temporary directory.

2. Copy the Star Trek folder into your "Beyond the Sword\Mods" directory. There it will overwrite the following files in the Star Trek folder:

-CvGameCoreDLL.dll (the DLL)
-CIV4ArtDefines_Improvements.xml
-CIV4CivilizationInfoSchema.xml
-CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml
-CIV4GoodyInfos.xml
-CIV4HandicapInfos.xml
-CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml
-GlobalDefinesAlt.xml
-CvFinalFrontierEvents.py

3. If you have installed the the Wormhole modmods I released for Star Trek, go into the "Wormholes" folder (Star Trek\Wormholes) and copy the CvFinalFrontierEvents.py file there into Assets\Python. You may wish to back up that file first.

4. Run the game using a shortcut, a mod launcher, or by loading a normal game of BTS, selecting "Advanced", "Load a Mod", and "Star Trek".

Credits:
-TC01 (coder, designer)
-deanej (for making Star Trek)
-PsiCorps (ideas)
-Afforess (SDK coding help)

-Jon Shafer (for making Final Frontier)

-Firaxis/2K Games (for producing Civ)
-Paramount/Viacom (for making Star Trek)

I've released 0.95. This still doesn't have any prewarp civs, but it fixes a possible bug in the code for receiving goodies (that might cause you to receive multiple goodies from one plot) and makes this mod compatible with version 3.23.

Since this functionality is now part of Star Trek 4.0 with the merging of Final Frontier Plus, I've removed the download.

You can find the source code in either the Star Trek source or the FF+ source- or you could ask me for the standalone version (I have a backup) if you really wanted it.

Top Bottom