BAT Errata

BUG normally saves your preferences, so there must be a problem with doing so. Please load up the game, change any setting, close the screen, and post the contents of Logs/PythonErr.log. See the instructions for setting up logging in Troubleshooting in my sig.

Most likely it's a permissions issue or you have non-English characters in your Windows user name. You can try the simple fix of running BTS as admin.

Always, always, always (!), run Civ4 as administrator in Windows 7/Vista.

Wow... Simply wow.

I am impressed. Really impressed. The Female units, The new wonder movies were all great. It was such a joy to play this mod.

Do BAT include AI Autoplay... ? How do you enable it ?

Thanks for all the advice, but I have Civ and BAT running in administrator mode. EmpererFool, is the logs folder in the main BTS Folder, the BAT folder in BTS/mods, or in the BAT folder in My Documents?

EmpererFool, is the logs folder in the main BTS Folder, the BAT folder in BTS/mods, or in the BAT folder in My Documents?

My Documents / BTS / Logs / PythonErr.log

Here is the file. I disabled prechop improvements, but left the game running. If I needed to close the game as well as options window, just tell me and I'll re-attach a new file.

oh, and I converted it to a txt file as I can't upload .log

Attachments

• PythonErr2.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 236
Scratch that, I posted that file after giving BAT admin priviledges, but now, after a fresh startup the problem has been fixed. Thanks all!

I get the CTD when exiting to main menu when using BAT mod.

The two .dll files are already in the BTS folder, the ones i downloaded are the exact same as the ones already present there.

Im on an administrator account with windows 7 x64 with i7 920//radeon 5850 graphics//6GB memory

Which version of BAT are you using? AFAIK, that little problem has been reduced by version 3.0.1, but I could be wrong. It's been a while since it was reported.

Its version 3.0.1 im using.
Hmmm. Well , it does happen occasionally. The closest I've come to figuring it out was a hiccup in the sound settings. It seems to depend on how the system sound is set, and how big the map is. We don't know why it happens, sorry.

Could you explain why ? I'm currently running Civ4 & BAT 3.01 on Win7x64 without elevated rights and it works fine, should I run it as admin ?
The reason that I have that particular mantra is that in most cases, Civ and BTS will install to the User folders, under a hidden folder called AppData. This folder often requires a program to have elevated privileges in order to make writes to the folder. If you have Civ installed somewhere else, you don't need to elevate. When I used to hang out in the Tech forum, it was one of the number one problems with Vista users, and Win 7 can have the same issue with a default install. YMMV, but for most Vista/Win 7 users, running the game with elevated permissions saves a lot of Tylenol consumption. :)

I had a play around with the sound settings and i turned on EAX 4.0 which allowed the game to successfully exit back to the menu without crashing, only catch is there is no sound, likely because there is no support for EAX or directsound in vista/7. Since EAX was creatives big thing and really the only selling point in using a creative card seeing the big logo in the sound settings "Sounds best on x-fi" was pretty funny when theres no sound at all with it turned on :lol:

Ive got an x-fi titanium HD, i tried their alchemy software which converts all the old directsound EAX calls into openAL ones which work with vista/7 but it only allowed sound to work with EAX on, unfortunately the game still crashes.

Ah creative suck :(

The reason that I have that particular mantra is that in most cases, Civ and BTS will install to the User folders, under a hidden folder called AppData. This folder often requires a program to have elevated privileges in order to make writes to the folder. If you have Civ installed somewhere else, you don't need to elevate. When I used to hang out in the Tech forum, it was one of the number one problems with Vista users, and Win 7 can have the same issue with a default install. YMMV, but for most Vista/Win 7 users, running the game with elevated permissions saves a lot of Tylenol consumption. :)
I may be wrong but IMO as long as you never run the game as admin you should not have any problem.

Civ4 needs to access some stuff in "Users\<userName>\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword". These files/folders are created/managed by the game so there is no need for elevated privileges. However if you run the game at least once as admin, these files will then require admin rights to access so you are screwed. But you probably should not do that in the first place.

I may be wrong but IMO as long as you never run the game as admin you should not have any problem.

Civ4 needs to access some stuff in "Users\<userName>\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword". These files/folders are created/managed by the game so there is no need for elevated privileges. However if you run the game at least once as admin, these files will then require admin rights to access so you are screwed. But you probably should not do that in the first place.
Like I said, YMMV. I just got tired of fighting UAC. Even though I've disabled it, I still elevate almost everything. I suppose I'm just a control freak. :p

I had something strange happen.
The BAT Mod 3.0.1 link above goes to sourceforge.net
http://sourceforge.net/projects/civ....1/The BAT Mod v 3.0.1 Installer.exe/download

I downloaded and unzipped it.
It created a folder and file named: C:\CX4230FW\K4230.FW
The file is 801kb and the type is FW.
I have never heard of a FW file type, and neither did the Microsoft site I went to.
http://shell.windows.com/fileassoc/0409/xml/redir.asp?EXT=fw

I have downloaded the BAT several months ago on an older computer and it worked fine. It did not have this FW file type.

Is there a different link, possibly, to download it from here, not, from sourceforge?
This is a great mod.

I downloaded and unzipped it.

It is not an archive but an application. Double-click it to have it install BAT to the right place. I'm downloading from the link you provided to see if anything is amiss, but it's been working for others for a while now.

Edit: After completing the download, I double-click it and it begins the installation. It seems fine to me. Don't unzip it!

Great! I hope it will work for you.
If so, remind which folder to place it in, and I will install it.
I like the zoom capability. The City placement BFC thing is helpful too.

Don't unzip the file, it's an .EXE file. Just run the file and let it install BAT in the appropriate place for you. There are two choices. As a mod, or in Custom Assets.

I'm sorry to be a meanie, but that's the only two places that I will allow. :p

Lemon has spoken! :lol:

Top Bottom