globemaster air transport

papajohns

Prince
now that the range is more than 8, a unit like this is actually useful

you can download the zip file here:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads2/Air_Transport.zip

i changed the helo unit to be able to transport more units than the plane, but only foot units, while the globemaster can transport less units.but can carry tanks and artillery....that way its a tradeoff between whether to build the helo or the plane.. i also granted the globemaster a small bombard value and be able to conduct bombard mission (like the spectre)

and heres preview of the death animation....you guys have seen the default.flc before....well..most of you guys

Attachments

• deathanim.gif
    deathanim.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,906
Excellent

I also have an Air Transport for carrying Tanks and Mech Inf. Wasn't entirely happy with the flc I was using, this one is great. What operational range did you give your unit? I use these to transport units around from city to city, but you have to give it the ability to paradrop to enable the air transport AI strategy.

i double the range than the one for the helo....

i dont really use the unit to transport between cities...i use airlift for the task....

Sorry for my question: but how in incremented the air range over 8?
Can anybody explain me?

Thanks....

Originally posted by romanwind
Sorry for my question: but how in incremented the air range over 8?
Can anybody explain me?

Thanks....

I'm not sure I understand the question. If you have PTW you can set the range to anything up to 362 in the editor. If you have the original Civ3 only then you are limited to 8. The range for air missions is the "Operational Range" on the units page in the editor.

Top Bottom