• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

game crash at 1730 AD

alexis101

Chieftain
Hi,
Posting this here because I'm not sure it's a bug... Anyway
A few days back I downloaded the latest version of RoM and a new dawn and decided to play a little game. Everything goes well until I reach the year of doom 1730. In fact the game get stuck in the end turn between 1727 and 1730. No CtD or anything the 1730 turn just never begin! I waited 2 hours and still.... So I load a save I made in 1727 end turn same thing.... Load a save I made in 1718 reach the 1727 turn ... end turn....:cry:
Anyone else got that trouble? any solution or my game is just doomed to end in 1727?

Thanks

Hi,
Posting this here because I'm not sure it's a bug... Anyway
A few days back I downloaded the latest version of RoM and a new dawn and decided to play a little game. Everything goes well until I reach the year of doom 1730. In fact the game get stuck in the end turn between 1727 and 1730. No CtD or anything the 1730 turn just never begin! I waited 2 hours and still.... So I load a save I made in 1727 end turn same thing.... Load a save I made in 1718 reach the 1727 turn ... end turn....:cry:
Anyone else got that trouble? any solution or my game is just doomed to end in 1727?

Thanks

I am having weird issues in the late 1600's too. First it started to crash during the game right after I discover technologies, then I can not even start a game it crashes during opening the game. I like the mod but I think something is not ok with it as everytime it has different error. So I decide to use normal RoM only with Seafaring mod and accelerations from AND

I've been complaining about this issue as well in the bug thread, to no response.

It's ALWAYS in the mid-1700s as well.

I end-turn, the game simply freezes. No ending of turn, no progression, just frozen.

I had thought it was due to my adding custom leaderheads into the game.

I'm getting this again in 1.73

Maybe. I re-loaded and it passed the point where it froze before. Either the load time for end turn suddenly reached RoM levels, or something.

It's frozen again some years later, and it doesn't look like it's unfreezing.

Re-starting the game and re-opening, it's passed the year it froze on before.

Nope. Definitely the same problem again.

I know I may sound rude, but I think I will accept this risk:

DON'T START A NEW THREAD WITH A SINGLE PROBLEM WHICH FITS PERFECTLY INTO EXISTING ONE. WE HAVE BUG REPORTS AREA!!!

Really, guys. Threads for big issues only. Sometimes it is hard to tell, if a certain subject was already discussed ot not. But: bug reports is sticky. It is always on top, always visible.....

I know I may sound rude, but I think I will accept this risk:

DON'T START A NEW THREAD WITH A SINGLE PROBLEM WHICH FITS PERFECTLY INTO EXISTING ONE. WE HAVE BUG REPORTS AREA!!!

Really, guys. Threads for big issues only. Sometimes it is hard to tell, if a certain subject was already discussed ot not. But: bug reports is sticky. It is always on top, always visible.....

I don't mean to sound rude in return, but:

I ALREADY BROUGHT THIS PROBLEM UP TWO TIMES IN THE BIG BUG REPORTS THREAD AND NO ONE ADDRESSED IT AT ALL. I DID NOT GET ANY ANSWERS OR SOLUTIONS TO THIS ISSUE UNTIL COMING TO THIS SEPARATE THREAD

Well, maybe it is your habit of writing in inch-high letters or very pale grey colour and then still expecting people to fawn over your every whim.

Next time I seem to ignore 2 or 3 posts, feel free to send me a PM. I don't miss those. ;)

I didn't want to pester you about the save after I realized I was using a boatload of custom leaderheads, so it wouldn't work for you

Here's a save file with the exact same problem as the topic of the post. Just click on enter to end your turn at 1078 AD and it'll stay frozen for all eternity.

P.S. I'm still waiting for answer on whether anyone has experienced the problem of having the A.I. change civics every few turns. The constant revolution makes them weak.

Attachments

• Ragnar BC-1734.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 55
Top Bottom