New StarWars unit: AT-PT

Looks good for a Imperial civ replacement for tanks. But the glass on the AT-PT looks a little too transpalent. Once I get thing gather for more civ to be added, I might grab this to be use with the Vader leaderhead.

Im sorry but i dont remember to have seen this in the starwars movies can you tell us where it is?

Thanks for your suggestions. A light grey color will be much
better.

Here the previews of the new version:

The animation patch

Where the unit come from? You are right Yoda Power, the
unit was not in the movies, but in some books and games the
AT-PT is described like:

The AT-PT (All Terrain Personal Transport) was an experimental single-person walker design which was originally designed by the Old Republic. It was meant to turn a single soldier into an armed force that could take on and defeat an entire squad of troops. Ultimately, the AT-PT project was cancelled. The majority of the Old Republic's AT-PTs were on the Katana Dreadnaught Fleet, after it was lost the momentum to furthering the AT-PT project was lost as well. Imperial Engineers later used many of its concepts when they were designing the AT-AT and the AT-ST. The AT-PT was intended to be a major component of the Old Republic's ground forces, also they planned to assign platoons of soldiers to AT-PTs, which would give a single platoon the firepower of nearly a company of ground troops; AT-PT platoons were to be equivalent to a light mechanized infantry units, but at a substantially lower cost. Also, with the speed and their extended comlink ranges, the platoon could patrol a far larger area than other comparable ground forces could.
The AT-PT can do impressively well against conventional ground forces. The Project designers developed the walker to be used for open ground, shallow water, jungle, mountain terrain and urban areas. The independently adjusting Leg Suspension System allows this vehicle to scramble over inclines and obstacles that would normally block repulsorlift and treaded vehicles. The Drive Legs can be extended upward for high-speed movement or to give the Pilot a much superior observation position, or the opposite can be done, where the walker is put into a "half crouch" position for superior balance compared to the larger AT-ST. Small side hatches allow access into the AT-PT. The command pod is equipped with a primitive sensor system for navigation and also the pod houses the Main Drive Unit. the scout walker issued to protect and support the ground troops and guard the flank and vulnerable under belly of the AT-AT walkers. An AT-ST can also employ the sharp claws on each foot to slice through barricades and other obstacles.

Wow, so much to say about a small unit ;-)

Thanks!

Great Unit TheMorpheus :goodjob:. I would like to make a request, Can you make an AT-AT Walker, but you can shrink the AT-AT walker to best fit in the animationfile :).

Thanks CivGeneral :D

The AT-AT unit is already in work by Neil and I won't
enter into competition with him :scan:

You can find the info and may other units at STAR WARS a new Mod

AT-AT
-- Neil
I have modeled the AT-AT and have a bone setup but have had trouble getting the shadow to work correctly with the palatte system in CIV III. Finally got background transparent with TPA's help. If the shadow problem can be fixed can be completed.
Progress: 70% done

Attachments

• atat_render_02.gif
    atat_render_02.gif
    4 KB · Views: 3,596
If someone is doing a AT-AT. Then how about a Trade Federation ATT (The Trade Fed's Hover tank ;) ) and the Battle Droids :).

Keep the units comming :).

Neil really isnt doing the at-at anymore, he's kinda off the project that i know of....

[Mr. Burn's Voice]Excelent[/Mr. Burn's Voice]

Cant wait for the AT-At Walker :goodjob:. Now I can squish the AI Civ with it :goodjob:.

In that case i better finish the stormie for some ground unit support. Expect it tommorow. ;)

Originally posted by Snobok
BTW how did the AT-AT get 8 hit points?:confused: :nuke: :sniper:

In the Civ III editor, You can give a unit an extra amount of bonus Hit points, assuming you have eather PTW or CivIII v.1.29.

Cant wait for the AT-AT walker :D

Keep up the good job :goodjob:

great work!:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

BTW, is there any forum, or readme for the DRS extracter? I'd like to help make units for the star wars mod, but just cant figure out how to use it.

Top Bottom