World Wide Wonder

cripp7

Playin' Bored
With the success of The Bull Reincarnate achieving a space victory via Espionage, I bring you The World Wide Wonder. A WWE/SSE game

Rules

I. All World Wonders to be built in the capitol for Super Science Wonder City
a) National Wonders: National Epic and Oxford Unitversity

II. All GPs must be settled in the capitol
Exceptions:
a) 1 GSpy for Scotland Yard
b) GP for religious shrines
c) GM/GE for Sushi/Mining Inc

III. City specialization
a) Capitol: Super Science
b) Commerce: Wall Street Religious shrine along with Corps
c) Production: Iron Works
d) Military: HE/WP All GGs to be settled except for Super Medic. Possibly Pentagon
e) All other cities to be hybrids of sorts

IV. Wars can be done at any time as we see fit

V. Victory shall be U.N., pretty much a learning game for diplomacy.

Map will be Standard B&S or Continents with Monarch or Emporer level. Leader Augustus Caesar.

Rules will be discussed before actual play but I think they're pretty self explanatory.

Roster
1. cripp
2. ifinnem
3. IPEX
4. Brian
5. Stochastic
6. Thy_Spellcraft

Hi, I'd like to join. Usually play my offline games on emperor, so that would be a good difficulty for this SG.

II. All GPs must be settled in the capitol
Exceptions:
a) 1 GSpy for Scotland Yard
b) GP for religious shrines
c) GM/GE for Sushi/Mining Inc

One academy for capital allowed?

III. City specialization

d) Military: HE/WP All GGs to be settled except for Super Medic. Possibly Pentagon

One military academy allowed?

Hi, I'd like to join. Usually play my offline games on emperor, so that would be a good difficulty for this SG.

One academy for capital allowed?

you can only build one academy in the city.

One military academy allowed?

as far as a Military Academy I was meaning the Heroic Epic, the military academies are available with Military Science but I never build those.

Yeah I know, I was just asking if those are restricted, or can we build them if needed... :)

Yeah I'm in - just to check is this to be a wonder / SSE economy is that right?
I'm emperor+ so emperor for an SG should be pretty doable with all the extra brainpower!

Have not been playing offline for a while (just the previous SG) so I warn that I may be a little rusty ;)

Thanks for invite, yes I'll join in thank's.

Question on World wonders, do we HAVE to build them all, or is it we can only build them in the capital.

Small Query, as I've just done an off line game, where I had to build all the wonders, and win by space race. Quite fun actually, I like the building games.

I assume its only build wonders in the capital.

Thanks for invite, yes I'll join in thank's.

Question on World wonders, do we HAVE to build them all, or is it we can only build them in the capital.

good to have you onboard

I don't think we are required to build them all but should optimize our play, especially early game to get as many as possible (help us and hinders AIs)

Here's the save cripp7 asked me to make. Emperor, epic. Hiding the map characteristics in case that matters:
Spoiler the map :
big-and-small, medium sea levels, normal continents, islands mixed in.
Spoiler how I chose leaders :
cripp7 asked for not too many warmongers, so I chose the leaders. Some of them can be warmongers under some circumstances, but that should still be reasonable for a diplo game.
Spoiler my favourite edits :
Like the Nobles' Club series, I changed most deserts to plains, and made sure Rome had iron within a reasonable distance.
And the start:

You can thank the RNG gods for giving you all that food; putting all that would have been a bit much even for me -- though with Fishing I'd probably have moved you to the coast if you weren't already there. I did make a few changes (see the spoilers if you care).

I'm guessing cripp7 asked me to make a map so he wouldn't have any advance knowledge -- but if he does feel OK about peeking (or has a lurker to volunteer for it), he can let me know if I goofed in any way. I can log in tomorrow to check if anything went wrong.

Attachments

• Augustus BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    30.4 KB · Views: 295
If ye're still looking for players, I'd be interested. Offline I'm Prince level, but for 10-20 turns I can handle Monarch to Emperor (the levels of the 2 SGs I'm currently in).

sure Brian, welcome aboard!

dalamb said:
I'm guessing cripp7 asked me to make a map so he wouldn't have any advance knowledge -- but if he does feel OK about peeking (or has a lurker to volunteer for it), he can let me know if I goofed in any way. I can log in tomorrow to check if anything went wrong.

True, I don't want any knowledge of the map. I had kossin do the last game. You do good in the NC series so I trust it's fine. LOTS of :food:! 2 hills, lots of plains for workshops. I see a lot :whip: here!

Hey, I'd be interested in joining in if you are still taking on players, I'm at Emperor right now.

Great Stochastic! I think the roster is good so we need to discuss the game plan. since we start with fishing/mining, I think going straight to BW-Myst to chop out SH. build 2 wb, then worker, warrior

Also hopefully will find stone/marble close by.

Ok, thanks for taking me on! Here are my thoughts going in:

I think settle in place is the best option. It would be nice if the topography let us give one of the fish to another city to help out early growth and whipping but 1NW would loose any possible access to the ocean fish.

SIP will cause some conflict with the idea of getting all wonders in the capital because it is rather hammer poor, I expect that we will need to use a lot of whip overflow of units and buildings, but at least we have a huge food surplus. :lol:

Because of that I would want to avoid as much chopping for Stonehenge as possible to save up for latter wonders. Probably put only one chop in from the riverside grass hill to get a mine up there, and maybe whip overflow from a worker or settler if the timing works out.

As for the tech tree, I think BW then Myst is probably the right choice if going for SH.

The best near time build order is almost certainly Work Boat first working the 3 hammer hill for max speed, then another WB while using the fish tile to grow fast.

Any other ideas will depend on the surroundings, but I would like to keep the GLighthouse open to help out what looks like a low commerce start.

Top Bottom