Question about random seed!

tibi

Chieftain
When I reload a game I get different results even if i do everyting same...
It is strange, before if you were not playing with "A new random seed at reload" everything was same.
Religions spread in different ways, new emerging civilizations are different every time....
It is annoying. It is like "a new random seed at reload" is on. But I do not see where I can turn it off.
Any ideas?

I made a test today. I started from my initial save 6000BC, then did auto play turn by turn pressing Ctrl+Shift+M each time and saving game after each turn. Until around 2500BC everything was normal, by normal I mean that same things happened in game as it was supposed to be. Same wars, same messages from rival civilizations, same spread of religions. But after that everything goes random, I reloaded games several times from 2600BC and everytime I get a different game flow....

Why is that happening? In normal BtS this is not an issue. It is so annoying. It is like playing with new random seed at reload, and this is what I hate in any game, I hate it so much that for sure I will quit playing RoM if it is not fixed

You'd quit playing a mod over random numbers not aligning perfectly? :eek:

Anyway, it's not a problem Zappara has any control over. Rise of Mankind is built off of RevDCM's SDK, and likely you are seeing a bug from there. I's also likely the same issue that causes OOS errors in MP.

You'd quit playing a mod over random numbers not aligning perfectly? :eek:

Anyway, it's not a problem Zappara has any control over. Rise of Mankind is built off of RevDCM's SDK, and likely you are seeing a bug from there. I's also likely the same issue that causes OOS errors in MP.

I also suspect it has something to do with revolutions or barbarian civ-spawns... It starts at time when first revolution happens in other civilizations, and new civilizations spawn from barbarians.
Yes, for me it is very serious issue... I can't support when I reload a game from a turn earlier and then wake up in a parallel reality! :mad:
Hope this bug will be will be fixed some day and I can play again

Afforess, also another question for you... If I choose to play without Revolutions in custom scenario options, will I still get this bug?
Of course it is not same game after you turn off revolutions... but anyway... I prefer this instead of randomness

I honestly have no idea. Worth a shot I suppose.

I tested game again with Revolutions options off... The answer is NO... Games still goes random... For example when first barbarian civilization spawns if you reload game different civilization emerges each time, or even it remains barbarian, and spawns later.
The bug may come from BarbarianCiv option, but I do not want to test it, anyway playing without BarbarianCiv on is not fun at all.
Do you think this bug will ever be fixed Afforess?
And also another question, is it possible to combine auto-play feature of RoM with Rhye's and Fall of civilization?

Yes, it will be fixed; purely out of MP concerns.

It might be possible to combine AI-Autoplay with RFC, but it would be a lot of work.

Yes, it will be fixed; purely out of MP concerns.

It might be possible to combine AI-Autoplay with RFC, but it would be a lot of work.

I hope very much it will. I want to play this mod.

And about AI auto play in RFC I thought it would be easy, something like copying AI auto play folder from RoM to RFC, but seems that I am naive :p

Top Bottom