Box Art Revealed

Cool!:goodjob:

Although I really like the simple Civilization V logo of the placeholder.

I like it. Evil tongues might say it's cluttered and filled with too many things, but I disagree. Civ is full of things and action, and it should reflect in the box art.

edit: And I love the battleship.

Looks very nice but is it just my impression that it focuses more on present times and near future ?

It also seems to be focused towards war instead of construction.

Yes, it is more focused on modern times and on war, not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

What confuse me somewhat is that there is no chronological feel to it, different epochs are mixed all over the place, compare that with Civ4 which goes from old to modern with the perspective. I liked that, helped to create some 'order' on the box art.

I kinda wish that it went along with the Art Deco style of the game, much like the art on the Special Edition. That, and it just feels too jumbled to me; I much prefer Civ4's road going from Stonehenge to the Spaceship, or something much subtler like Civ3.

It's not horrible, but I just would've liked something more in tune to the feel of the game.

Yeah pretty cool box art, I wonder how good the "collectors edition" will be, will it be the same or spiced up even more.

I tell you what I really like is the "video art" in the last bit of the trailer as the V in Civilization V is built, going from the stone age V to a modern computer V. I was impressed by that and I want to see that in the end of the opening game cutscene :)

I see Sydney Opera, Pisa-tower and that Toronto tower... Hmmmmm, intruiging...

My thoughts exactly. Nice job of ratcheting up my anticipation a little bit more, Greg. :)

Yes, it is more focused on modern times and on war, not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

What confuse me somewhat is that there is no chronological feel to it, different epochs are mixed all over the place, compare that with Civ4 which goes from old to modern with the perspective. I liked that, helped to create some 'order' on the box art.

I agree with this. I don't really like the new box art, seems a bit...unorganized.

J-man said:
Perhaps it confirms a few more wonders?

I don't see why. The Civ IV box art featured the Sphynx. That wasn't an in game wonder. The Sydney Opera House could just be on the box because it's pretty.

Decent, but I liked the BtS one more. Maybe the new one will grow on me though. I can see it having a 'classic' quality, like when we sit down with our kids one day and we find this one in a dust covered boxm it will look awesome to us and it will look ancient and old to our kids...

Can't wait! :')

Civ 4's box fits my taste better...
this one's prettier, but so focussed on war compared to Civ4's focus on progression.
Almost makes me fear I'm buying a wargame instead of a 4x game; but I have faith in Sid.

Top Bottom