[Col] New colonization remake. Landfall 0.40 up for download!

suliman

Chieftain
Hi

Landfall is a project i returned to after working on some other stuff. Its a freewere remake of the classic Colonization. And yes, I got Portugal in there:) Its much more streamlined and has some new features.

Its far from done though. But i reccon this is the place to find some colonization nuts to get onboard! I need mainly help with graphics (terrain and buildings mostly).

Direct download (6MB, needs directX)
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/26/1460259/landfall.rar

Forums and more info
http://epagames.freeforums.org/landfall-f3.html

More screens
www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/26/1460259/screen1.jpg
www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/26/1460259/screen3.jpg
www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/26/1460259/screen4.jpg

Welcome back and long time no see ;) Good to see that you've decided to continue the project. I'll try to give it a go over the weekend and give some feedback if I have time.

Hopefully you'll find some people help with the graphics and eventually manage to complete the game. But anyway, good luck!

Very interesting. Downloaded the game and started my first try.
I like the interface and the tutorial.

I had the following problems:
1.) Pressing F8 crashed my game, but this does not happen consitently, happened only once
2.) tried to follow the tutorial but did a "mistake". Explored with my colonist, went into a "hut" and the colonist disappeared due to the event in the hut. Apparently the crossbowmen cannot found a colony, so I was kind of dead.
3.) Due to 2. above I quit my game and start a new one (did not exit to windows). My game apparently remembered that the ship is now empty. So the new game option did not seem to really reset my units on board the ship. I could not land any more.

This could become a nice game. To implement the AI will be a big challenge. I am looking forward to seeing another version.

The issues which I am experiencing are not very serious. Still reporting another minor thing.
I had 2 events
a. a tribe asked me to kill another one. Then they would support me by giving me units
b. I went into a hut and my unit disappeared due to the event (no bug). But the unit reappeared at the spot where it was and I received also a brave at this spot. (is this a bug?) Well went up to the other spot and it also disappeared.

thanks för reporting the bugs-
At a) you are not supposed to actually kill another tribe, its just the story behind why those guys join you:) But maybe its a bit unclear.

Was b) another hut? What was the title of that event? (it seems like a bug).

2) Yeah dont do dangerous stuff with your first civilian:) Use the military, and later use scouts for these things.

1) 3) Ill look into these bugs. (F8 crash is very wierd... kind find the reason for it, i never had any problem)

So developing the colonies and exporting goods seem to work fine? Immigration should give colonists most of the time but sometimes convicts (right now only small difference, colonists counts as citizen which allow better buildings)

Keep up the testing guys! Its much appriciated.

New version (same link)
- Combat added. Damaging and healing of units
- Experince and promotions (more hitpoints)
- Indians train units (but do only defend right now)
- Burning indian villages gives you a choice of plunder, slaves or establish mission.
- Missions spawn indian converts for you
- Fixed loads of GUI and other helpful stuff

Plz comment! I also threw in some Iroquis on the test-map:)

Top Bottom