Help for Newbee please

I don't know anything about adapting the later mods but there used to be loads of mods for vanilla around here. They ought to still be stashed somewhere. Try asking in the customization forum, both for help with your idea and as to where the older mods may be stashed.

First of all, as far as getting BTS, I recommend trying stores like Best Buy or Wal Mart that still have large selections of PC games. Best Buy has about everything. If not, you can always buy from direct download sites like Steam, Direct2Drive or Gamersgate. Downloaded versions of BTS will work with the disk version of CIVIV. I know since that is what I did. You could just by the Complete version, but Warlords is only worth it for the scenarios. BTS is best for regular CIV gameplay.

As for mods, try this mod database:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=1

You may have to dig deep for vanilla mods but they are there. In the mod forum, some mods have an icon to the right identifying the version of CIV.

Thank you both for your answer.
To Lymond, as I said I can't buy on the net, as I don't have a credit Card. Plus unfotunately I don't live in the States....

ahh...misread that. One thing you might try is something like Paypal. You can just use your bank account with Paypal and some sites take it like Gamersgate.

couldn't you ask your parents / guardian / friend to buy it on their credit card and pay them in cash?

"Is there anyway I can adapt A Mod, or a Scenario to be playable in the Vanilla version I have ?

It may be possible for small mods which use none (or only a few) of the features from Warlords or BTS. But even then it would be a lot of work. I don't know if you really want to spend two weeks (rough estimate based on the assumption that you're able to work at least 8 hours on it per day) to learn the multi-layered modding system, and then another two weeks (again, rough estimate) to change and test a specific mod, only to rip features out of the mod so that you can play it on vanilla. It sounds like an awful lot of work to get a much inferior end result compared to the alternative (getting BTS).

I'd be very surprised if Civ4 wouldn't be available any more in the stores in your country. If you don't find the boxed versions any more, then check the budget series. Here in Germany, the budget line "Green Pepper" re-released the two Civ4 expansions in one set for 6,99 Euro just half a year ago. Don't such budget lines exist in Ireland?

I would suggest buying it at ASDA or something I assume they have ASDAs in ireland as they do here in england...

or buy it off Amazon or Ebay using paypal

I would not post this information on the forum as it is generally frowned upon.

Paypal can connect to your bank account. You don't need a credit card. CIV4 Complete was/is on sale at Gamersgate.com for 10 bucks and the site uses Paypal.

The OP explicitly mentioned that he doesn't have access to a credit card, so how should he get the game from Steam? I'd also recommend neither the Complete Edition nor Steam though. Getting one of the cheap re-releases of Civ4 together with the two expansions (or only BtS since it includes everything from Warlords except the scenarios) from a store is the best option imho. Or asking a friend with a credit card to buy those from an online store.

In any case, the OP already mentioned that he resorted to piracy to solve his "problem", so he shouldn't expect any more help from my side (that he isn't able to deal with mdf files is a case of poetic justice imho).

A little known fact about the torrent versions of Civ4 is that they have an issue which results in the loss of your soul... So I'd advise against using that. If you ask a game store to order it in for you then they'll probably do it. I know that when I was looking for BTS, I had a similar problem. It wasn't (yet) available on Steam in my country, and I couldn't find it in any store. But several stores offered to have it ordered in for me. I declined, and eventually bought it when I was on holidays in America.

Thank you Lymond, sorry for beeing late. :)

Not sure what you mean by that comment. You should apologize for being a pirate. :(

simple... get a job lol?
even stacking shelfs at a local supermarket...

Top Bottom