Gamescom video on Gamestar.de

GoodSarmatian

Jokerfied Western Male
Here.

Nothing special, cam without sound. It shows that the interface now to scales with resolution.
Only new info I found: With every golden age triggered by a great person the duration of the next GP-induced golden age decreases by one turn until they reach the minimum duration of 3 turns.
The vid shows a great general with the option to start a 8 turn GA.

Conquering barbarian encampment gave 40 gold.

Gah, it's all in German! :) I suppose that makes sense given where they are playing it (and the site covering it) but I was hoping for some english video footage out of Cologne, I suppose that's not going to happen!

With my broken German comprehension I managed to hear that he didn't like the new government system. I think that feature is going to seriously split the community. I think I might like it.

Conquering barbarian encampment gave 40 gold.

Ah yes, forgot to mentin that. Makes furor teuronicus look somewhat weaker if everybody gets 40 gold.

With my broken German comprehension I managed to hear that he didn't like the new government system. I think that feature is going to seriously split the community. I think I might like it.

Actually he doesn't like the lack of a government system and I agree with him.

Ah yes, forgot to mentin that. Makes furor teuronicus look somewhat weaker if everybody gets 40 gold.

Furor Teutonicus is for units, 25 additional gold is just to support them :)
I think Songhai could be rather cool at start with triple money.

Taking cities seems like it's going to be something that must be done over many many many turns. So much for people thinking a domination rush victory will be easy.

Also, it seems like the cities ability to defend itself is directly tied to how many HP it has left. It attacked that unit quite effectively when it had more HP, but when the army bombarded it for awhile, it hit the same unit much less effectively.

He complains that not being able to change social policies is unrealistic and he hates it. Me too!!!

Literally: "Once a pious dictature, always a pious dictature".

Since it is the first (and more/less only) thing he says in this vid he surely double-checked it, so it is confirmed in my books. And it is the only thing I'm going to hate in this game! And the trading post graphics, but that's only looks...

I like the way the social policy system is sounding but I'll have to play it to really know. I'd say the same goes for previewers. Most of these people see or play the game once then write a preview, and with a game as deep as Civ that's not really enough time to have anything other than first impressions.

I think some sites are covering gamescon but they're not necessarily focusing on Civ 5 or they're already done previews and there's nothing new to report.

At 0:23 it shows that the Great General spawns at the place of the unit that has the victory. Not at the capital or another city.

At 0:23 it shows that the Great General spawns at the place of the unit that has the victory. Not at the capital or another city.

They are spawn at capital by default, but there's a social policy for this, so Great General starts right where it's needed.

What is going on at about 0:37?

A Viennese spearman unit consisting of a solitary spearman graphic wanders out of a forest onto a plain and then attacks the Roman spearman unit to the East of Vienna. As the battle concludes it is revealed that the lone spearman was actually accompanied by additional spearmen (who were apparently using some form of cloaking technology?).

Any ideas why the single spearman multiplies like that just before combat finishes???

A Viennese spearman unit consisting of a solitary spearman graphic wanders out of a forest onto a plain and then attacks the Roman spearman unit to the East of Vienna. As the battle concludes it is revealed that the lone spearman was actually accompanied by additional spearmen (who were apparently using some form of cloaking technology?).

Any ideas why the single spearman multiplies like that just before combat finishes???

I assume it's some sort of graphical glitch, but it was very cool looking though.

The player attacks that unit of spearmen at 1:09 and I don't see anything to indicate what might have been going on. Anything is possible though, I suppose?

Graphical glitch, OR
instant healing (possibly due to experience or promotion).

Isn't it going to be great to HAVE the game so we can solve all these mysteries!?

There is sound its just so low that you have to turn your volume hight to hear it.

Looks like I'm going to turn off combat animations. That said "Please wait" just about forever.

the video isn't working for me now, but i did see that spearman graphics glitch, it was either a glitch as has been suggested, or maybe thats what all battles look like when they come from outside of LOS.

Rivers still need work, but otherwise the game looks beautiful. Haven't brushed up in my German in awhile so no other comments. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom