Mini- IOT I: The Cradle of Civilization

civplayah

phantasm
It is 4000 years before the year 0. Man has supported civilization, and civilization has come to one of the only places it can be supported: Mesopotamia.

Welcome to the first Mini-Imperium Offtopicum! This is radically different from the newer installments because:

The rules are simpler
There will be less players
The map is only a small region of the Earth.

The reason I created this is because sometimes the bigger games go pretty fast, and I wanted a more laid-back version. I think this is the equivalent of a 'Lazy NES', although I'm not quite sure exactly what those are.

Please read the rules, it won't take you five minutes and I have modified some of them.

Spoiler Rules. :
1. Updates can only happen after all players have had a chance to comment, or at least 48 hours since the last update, whichever comes first.

2. This is ancient times. There are no nukes. But they are usually prohibited, anyway.

3. I would like to keep to ancient technology, so if you have to RP with techs, please do not overdo it.

4. Mini-Imperium Offtopicum I will start in the year 4000 B.C.E.

5. I am the GM. I will not be playing. I expect you to behave well, or there will be consequences. I am not afraid to report posts.

6. If you choose to resign, the first reserve on the list will have your land, but they will have a choice whether or not to play the same nation as you.

7. IOT is a monster if not kept in check. Please PM me your battle orders, war declarations, claims, etc. in addition to posting them here (so other players can see). If you want to launch a sneak attack, you can give me the battle order without posting.

8 Claims. You are free to claim 6 territories per turn. Territories that are not connected cost twice as much to claim, but if you own 10 connected territories in any place overseas, you can claim them at normal cost.

Furthermore, please give me maps as well, to save how much searching I have to do to know what the heck you want.

On islands: All islands cost 1 expansion point. And each island is its own territory.

9. If you are at war, you may choose to attack or to not. You can attack 5 territories per turn, provided they're adjacent with your nation. If they are not, you are limited to 2.

Battles will be decided as so:

I will randomly generate two numbers between 1-10, one for the attacker and one for the defender. The higher number wins.

10. Spam:
I'll be rather laid-back about this, but if I need to tell you something I'll post it in size-4 font, bolded.

11. Please notify me if you are going to be inactive, and what you would like done about it.

12. The GM reserves the right to final map changes, and to change the rules at any time.

Posting is not allowed for 24 hours, to give everyone a chance to look at it and know when to sign up. I do not want people who are online right now to have an advantage.

In 24 hours, you may begin posting.

Map:

Player/Country name/Color

Permanent Signups:
1. ilduce349/Hellenistic League/Light Blue
2. west india man/Chiefdom of Thrace/Red
3. remake20/Kingdom of Israel/Blue
4. Diamondeye/Anatolian Princedom/Green
5. link16/Kingdom of Armenia/Yellow
6. NedimNapoleon/Hittite Empire/Orange
7. wideyedwanderer/wideyedwanderdom/Red-Orange
8. Duke Blackstone/Giza Imperium/Dark Grey
9. Domination3000/Babylonian Empire/Beige

If you are not able to get online tomorrow, PM me and I'll put you on the list. If we have too many people that PM me, I'll put you in a lottery.

Please post your starting claims, country name, color, and other stats you would like to include. :)

Name: Kingdom of Israel
Religion: Judaism
Government: Monarchy (can't think of the correct type of monarchy)
Ruler Name: King David
Color: Blue

"The gentiles must be destroyed"

Attachments

• Mini IOT.png
    Mini IOT.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 171
West India Man, you claimed too much, remake20, you claimed too little, unless that was intended.

Um how many can I start with then. I thought it was 6. NVM I see I only had 5. Take the one to the south of my most SW province.

Wideye will play, but he just lost his connection so I am reserving his spot so it doesn't get taken.

Name- Kingdom of Armenia
Government- Federal Monarchy
Color- Yellow
Map-

Top Bottom