Weird red terrain blotches, no antialiasing?

Valdyr

Warlord
I'm fiddling with the CiV tutorials before I go to class, and I see odd red spots on the terrain sometimes--at least 2 separate instances so far.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

It's not a game-breakingly big deal, or anything, just...what the heck is that? A Pool of Blood resource for a secret vampire unit? :confused:

Also, it won't let me turn anti-aliasing on in the video settings. I'm pretty sure my graphics card can handle it, since it's a GTX 260. The option remains greyed out no matter how many other settings I mess with. Just updated my graphics drivers one or two days ago. Really disappointing, I bet the game would look a lot better in 8x MSAA. And I remember 2K Greg talking about antialiasing when he was doing his live stream, so what's the deal?

System specs:

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EP45-UD3P
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8190MB RAM
Display: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I seen the same thing during my short gameplay as well. I have the most recent drivers according to Steam.

As I said, I have the most recent drivers (258.96). It's not just the tutorials, my first random game as the Songhai has some desert hills that look like ketchup dripped on them. Was someone leaning over my world map while eating a hot dog or something?

I assume DirectX 11, because I don't specifically choose the DirectX 9 version on startup. Graphics settings all on high, vsync on, resolution 1024x768, refresh rate 85 Hz.

I'm having a similar issue but the blotches are larger and rainbow coloured. 2.5 ghz quad core, 8gb RAM, 9800 GT Nvidia graphics. DirectX10/11 version.

I also have seen the red blotches a few times.

Equipment:
Pentium Duo 3.2 gHz
4 GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4550 1GB
Settings:
Res 1650*1080
AA OFF
Everything else: HIGH

Hi Guys,

I get red artifacts (and no, not the cool kind like the Ark of the Covenant or something else Indiana Jones would want), rather just big red dots.

I will snag a screenshot and post it in a bit if no one can help me sort this out from this info.

Installed from Retail DVD, I assume Steam Patched it. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Tried default graphic settings, tried high end settings, still there.

My PC is XP w/ AMD&ATI, updated drivers tonight via Steam, so they good. Rebooted and all that.

Any advice or help?

Oh, and yes, I did try both the default launcher and the one that says CIV5 (DirectX 9 Version) - both same problem.

please everyone: post your dxdiag results files as file attachments here.
red blops usually are "intended" only in the way its intended to not crash on you when it cannot draw something - not as its actual behavior. They are placeholders for something the graphics engine failed to load/render - the dxdiag results files are really useful to find out if there is any common feature to the problem with regards to computer set up. Please also indicate whether you use the directx9 or the standard version of the game or both (and for those who already did: please do so again when you post your dxdiag results file - just to keep things easier to read).

I also see the "red blotches." Running the game under directx9 only. DxDiag is attached.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    55.9 KB · Views: 169
Top Bottom