How to play DX10\11 (button messed up, Win Vista)

Tamed

Warlord
Hey all, I have a DX10 GPU -- Radeon HD4890 1gb GDDR5.

The game told me I needed to update to SP2 to play on DX10 and I've done this. Now when I try to launch Civ 5 it just says "update required" on the DX10\11 shortcut. What gives?

What OS?

Moderator Action: Moved to technical subforum.

Don't forget, DX11 is Win7 only.

Seems to be a deeper probem. Dx10 card on Win7 64 bit here, still no eye candy :cry:
Says I need SP2. There is no such thing, not even SP1 yet :lol:
Looks not that much better than FFH, und is way to slow for how it looks. I suspect DX9 is not really optimized, or if it is, then for low quality graphics ...

Did it place a _DX11 exe in your download? Perhaps the demo doesn't include it?

Seems to be a deeper probem. Dx10 card on Win7 64 bit here, still no eye candy :cry:
Says I need SP2. There is no such thing, not even SP1 yet :lol:
Looks not that much better than FFH, und is way to slow for how it looks. I suspect DX9 is not really optimized, or if it is, then for low quality graphics ...

Steam might think you are running vista (try help-> system information in steam)

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam, right click on steam.exe, go to properties, got compatability, click on change settings for all users. Unselect "run this program in compatability mode"

Steam might think you are running vista (try help-> system information in steam)

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam, right click on steam.exe, go to properties, got compatability, click on change settings for all users. Unselect "run this program in compatability mode"

That did the trick. Thanks a lot :D

For whatever reason steam had installed itself in Vista compatibility mode. Never touched the steam.exe before :crazyeye:

Make sure that you verify the installation files. It had an issue with the _DX11 exe for me, I verified the cache (in Steam/Library/Games, right click on Civ 5, select Properties/Local Files/Verify Integrity of Game Cache) and it downloaded a new version of the exe, which worked fine.

I have Vista 64 bit and a DX10 card. I should be able to run the DX10\11 EXE. DX11 works fine on Vista, I do not have XP. I'll try verifying and report back.

DX 11

I have a Win7 64 bit box running DX 10/11 or so the splash screen gave me a choice on that when loading. Sweet.

Downstairs on main box with a GT240, I have XP so only Dx9. Fine.

Down here at 9 the FOW is clouds floating past. On the DX10/11 laptop it is a 3D like black.

Is that normal? Black on one clouds for folks on 9?

thanks guys.

The update it requires is D3D11Install.exe (Dx11 is backwards compatible with DX10, but the game needs some DX11 updates to work).

If you got it through Steam, you can right-click the steam icon, click "open file location", and then browse from there to ...Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\DirectX

Top Bottom