Have DVD... but it's downloading game from Steam anyway

MerakSpielman

Warlord
I went out and bought Civ5 today from a store. I didn't feel like waiting for it to download.

But for some reason, it's downloading anyway. I put in the DVD, picked options, updated steam/directx, put in my CD key....

...and now it's downloading Civ5 from Steam. 7 hours remaining. Why isn't it just copying the files from the DVD???

I am having the same problem. There are NO install files on the disk for the actual game.

same thing happening here. kinda bummed out i gotta wait a couple of hours even though i have the hard copy of the game.

now steam has told me the server is too busy and i should try again later. WTF!!! Why did I buy this game at all if I can't play it any time soon.

I am having the same problem. There are NO install files on the disk for the actual game.

I'm showing several setup files on my disk two of which are 1.4 Gigs each in size. The big ones end in .sid.

Edited to add - I just have the regular game, not the Deluxe version. Is it possible it's downloading a patch?

those cannot be used to install.

Doing the same for me.

I have never in my entire life had such a pain in the ass installing a game. Way to go again, dudes.

Well I canceled that and uninstalled what it had installed and tried re-installing and now it says "installing from disk" instead of "downloading from Steam".

I can't try this until I get home at 5 EST, but
here
is the help link from the Steam website. I hope it works, my internet connection sucks.

i was able to do the same thing shadow. it went much faster

I had the same problem click the delete offline content or w/e in the butbandit steam program. Then restart with the original cd icon. Just install direct x 9 worthlessness 1 more time and your set to start what you should have been able to do hours ago.

Top Bottom