AND Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalstaff

Steadfast
The AND Mega Civ Pack will save Zappara some work, and add new civilizations, as well as leaderheads for existing civs.

It should be noted that new Civs added will have at least two leaders, which makes them balanced for use with Revolutions. Civs and Leaderheads are modular, which means if you do not want "X" in the game, do not play with "X." However, I would not recommend removing LHs from added Civs themselves. All civs will have 1, and only 1 UU, which will be a true unique unit. All civs will have 1, and only 1 UB, which will be a true unique building.

Leaders for Existing Civilizations
Spoiler :
Adenauer: Germany
Akbar: India
Barbarossa: Holy Roman Empire
Caligula: Rome
Cartimandua: Celts
Cheops: Egypt/Kemet
Chiang Kai-Sheck: China
Cixi: China
Constantine: Rome
deWitt: Netherlands
Eyadema: Mali
Francis II: Holy Roman Empire
Harald Hardrada: Vikings
Henry the Navigator: Portugal
Hiawatha: Iroquois
Hindenburg: Germany
Hitler: Germany
Indira Gandhi: India
Itzcoatl: Aztec
Jackson: United States
Kennedy: United States
Khosrau: Persia
Kug-Bau: Sumeria
Lady Xoc: Maya
Lugal-Zage-Si: Sumeria
Mandukhai: Mongolia
Maria II: Portugal
Meiji: Japan
Singh: India
Mursilis: Hittites
Nehru: India
Nicholas II: Russia
Pachacuti: Inca
Pol Pot: Khmer
Putin: Russia
Reagan: United States
Richard: England
Sennacherib: Assyria
Shammuramat: Assyria
Smoke Jaguar: Maya
Urukagina: Sumeria
Vercingetorix: Celts
Xerxes: Persia

New Graphics for Existing Leaderheads
Spoiler :
Alexander
Cleopatra
Franco
Jayavarman
Joan of Arc
Menelik II
Mongkut
Selassie

New Civilizations
Spoiler :
Aborigines
Akkad
Albania
Anglo-Saxons
Anishnaabek (Algonquian language grounp)
Apache
Argentina
Armenia
Ashanti
Australia
Austria
Baktria
Bangladesh
Batavii
Belgium
Benin
Brazil
Bulgaria
Burma
Canada
Champa
Cherokee/Aniyonega
Chile
Chola
Colombia
Congo
Croatia
Cuba
Czech
Denmark
Dinnehih (Navajo and nearby tribes)
Egypt (Modern Egypt), which includes Kemet (Rename: Formerly Egypt), this is for fairly obvious reasons
Etruscans
Georgia
Getai
Goths
Finland
Harappa
Hungary
Huns
Hurrians
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Kanem-Bornu
Kazakh
Khazaria
Latvia
Lithuania
Lombards
Majapahit
Malagasy
Mapuche
Mexico
Minoa
Moche
Morocco/Maghreb
Mutapa
Mycenae
New Zealand
Nigeria
Norway
Nubia
Olmec
Pakistan
Parthia
Philippines
Phoenicia
Picts
Piliwni (Paiute and nearby tribes)
Poland
Polynesia
Scotland
Scythia
Seleukeia
Seljuks
Serbia
Sioux (Rename: Formerly Native Americans)
Somalia
Songhai/Mande
South Africa
Sweden
Switzerland
Tibet
Timurid
Toltec
Troy
Tupi (Native Brazilians)
Ukraine
Uyghur
Vedic
Venezuela
Venice
Vietnam
Wales
West Indies
Xiongnu
Yemen

Known Issues
Spoiler :

Not Compatible with the Beta, but that should be obvious

A few things to know...
*Readme can be downloaded from this post.
*There is going to be a "lite version." It will only contain the extra LHs and Sioux Civilization. I am going to refer to it as "AND LH Pack."
*The "full version" will be the AND LH Pack and AND Mega Civ Pack, which I divided into 4 parts.
*The initial release will not have its Pak files. That will be done after some feedback.
*This will kill loading time, especially if you playing with everything. You have been warned.
*Since it appears 1.75 has no controversy now, I will only keep a 1.74 version on my external HD. This only means that such a request would take a while to complete.
*This is an English only mod.

Download Links
Part 1 aka AND LH Pack
Part 2 Civs A-C
Part 3 Civs D-L
Part 4 Civs M-R
Part 5 Civs S-Y (No Z Civs)

Maps Which Use this Pack (Made by Others)
Kordanor's Earth Map
BADESS World Map Scenraio (Under Construction)

Attachments

• Readme.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 2,580
Personal recommendation: wait until 1.75 is complete. It is a final version after all. So either use 1.75beta3, not 1 and 2, as testing ground or wait for official 1.75. Afforess only use select aspects of BUC now, not the whole of it. So doing UB for any civs that apply should be more of a breeze now.

Btw, Afforess will return after this coming Sunday for his personal reasons so wait for his responses then.

I'll use this pack because you have the most knowledge with XML and installing process compared with certain other modders :).

Finally, be sure to have UUs ACTUALLY be unique units. If you want UU that is art only, use the new xml tag to put that art UU in. I believe that art UU tag is in CivilizationInfos.xml.

Personal recommendation: wait until 1.75 is complete. It is a final version after all. So either use 1.75beta3, not 1 and 2, as testing ground or wait for official 1.75. Afforess only use select aspects of BUC now, not the whole of it. So doing UB for any civs that apply should be more of a breeze now.

Thanks for the update, I will have to download the updated beta. I am glad to here that BUC is simplified, it is hard to mod around, but that will be part of the "polishing the project" phase, or might even be a part of an Afforess patch depending on the timing of things, but that is getting ahead of myself. Any such details will be worked out when Afforess gets back. I will still keep a 1.74 version for the DH crowd on my HD just in case.

Finally, be sure to have UUs ACTUALLY be unique units. If you want UU that is art only, use the new xml tag to put that art UU in. I believe that art UU tag is in CivilizationInfos.xml.

I should have posted that issue in the OP, thanks for reminding. All civs will have 1, and only 1 UU, which will be a true unique unit. All civs will have 1, and only 1 UB, which will be a true unique building.

Hey what is your current estimation on the release date? Asking 'cause as posted in my thread my scenario will rely on this one, so it would be nice to know how I got to fit my schedule.

It should be sometime in October, probably mid-October. It is difficult to estimate when in October because it depends on what LH art I can find. The less LH art I can find, the the quicker the release, since that means less Civs I have to work on. This is also assuming that people are not giving requests and the Art Forum is quiet for Civ4 LHs, both of which are likely due to Civ5. I am also assuming, that testing will go smoothly, and there will be not major balancing issues.

I should also say that the current Civs I am working on are the last from Zaps MCP, which means it will be easier for me to give time estimates, since most of Zaps files were Pak'ed. Granted, converting Civ Gold stuff files takes longer, but it is easier for me to check on artwork. Anyways, I will try to spend a short time here so that I can copy+paste LH bios for gametext; I feel that an LH is incomplete without some sort of bio, no matter how inaccurate Wikipedia can be at times.

-Civs which will probably not been seen and why:
Confederacy (CSA): Unless Afforess tells me otherwise, it would likely cause issues with Dynamic Civ Names (Confederate States of Confederacy/Confederate Confederacy might occur, which will not be good).

It wouldnt be that hard to prevent something like that from happening (just slightly edit the), the trouble is you would be modding the DynamicCivNames.py file to do it. Which may or may not lead to compatibility problems with stuff.

Forgot to mention this:
Beta3 and after no longer have Dynamic Names... Dunno if Afforess will add it back in. It was RevDCM team's decision.
EDIT:
I was corrected by Afforess. It is now in BUG options.

So... is this going to make Clash of Civilizations obsolete?

CoC is already obsolete. However, if Hashim(sp?) ever return and update it, it doesn't matter because Generalstaff here has his methods so CoC and this pack are two different monsters :D.

I noticed that there are a few female leaders not on the list would love to see them added...

Maria Theresa (Austria)
Margarete I (Denmark)
Mart Stuart (scotland)
Atazoli (aztecs)
A few middle eastern leaders

How hard at this point would it be to add them??
I would love to able to play a huge map with lots of FEMALE leaders only....

In 1.75 there are additional female LHs so far (I added them.) They are from Varietas Deleciat Leaders by Avain.
They are:
Dido (redone appearance, hot!)
Nefertiti (supposed to be redone but I can't see it).
Wu, a Chinese LH
Atotoltzi, a Aztec LH
Maria Theresa, Byzantine LH

But, yeah, new female LH would be nice. Even nicer would if they has their femininity be very noticeable :D.

I noticed that there are a few female leaders not on the list would love to see them added...

Maria Theresa (Austria)
Margarete I (Denmark)
Mart Stuart (scotland)
Atazoli (aztecs)

Like i said, try out Prehistoric, i believe there are around 15 Females there (if not more).

Maria Theresa (Austria)
Margarete I (Denmark)
Mart Stuart (scotland)
Atazoli (aztecs)

Actually, I have added them already, some of them long ago with my Leaderhead Pack.

Other female leaders which will be seen are (incomplete list):
Amina
Cartimandua
Cixi
Indira Ghandi
Lady Xoc
Mandukhai
Shin Sawbu
Teuta
Trung
Wu

Where is this leader head pack you made? Is it compatible with 1.75?

Link and Mirror. Thread to check the LH list.

Does it work? Yes and No. It technically works, however, the leaders are missing memory decays involving inquisitions and victory strategies. With that said, I only used it with 1.74; my guess is that it will likely work with 1.75, but the AI is going to be weaker, and I do not know what will happen with foreign inquisitions. My experience with it in a 1.74 game I played was fine, I played as an added leader (Cixi), and other leaders missing victory strategies put up a good fight (I was playing tech catch up against Nehru) with Ruthless AI; I do not know what effect inquisitions had. Also be aware that the Realistic Diplomacy files are completely obsolete and not necessary since Afforess hard coded that in the game options. Anyways, this is a long way of me saying, it should be fine, but use at your own risk.

Just as a note, all the leaders included in the pack will be included in some form in this upcoming mod.

Can you add these civs ?

Sassanids http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13966

Anglo-Saxons http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12535

Seljuks http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13761

I am sure that their author would give permission to use them in this civ pack.

My reasoning for these civs: Sassanids should be added because they were a major power at their time and you already the other two ancient Persian empires(Persia and Parthia), so the third one should not be excluded. Anglo-Saxons should be added because they will fill a void between Celts, Romans and "modern" English(all of them lived in Britain at one time or another). And Seljuks were a power for atleast two centuries and they make a nice addition to nomad civs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom