[FIXED] "R" hotkey confusion: build roads AND resources view

Teodosio

Warlord
Hello all, I like the game but I have found a small issue.
The "R" hotkey is used to toggle the "resource view" on the map, i.e. it shows icons over special resources.
BUT the "R" key is used too, when you have a worker selected, to order him to build a road.

PROBLEM: when you have a worker selected and you press "R" the two functions conflict.
Example: if I have a worker selected I want to see where the resources are in order to send him there. I press "R" to spotlight resources... and the worker builds a road!

I hope this issue could be solved by giving two separated hotkeys to the different functions.

It makes sense to build roads even with RR technology because RR cost 2 gold maintenance and roads 1 gold per tile.

I want to sign my name on this petition.

Very often when I have a worker selected as the active unit, I want to reveal resource icons on the map. Hitting the R key while the worker is active instead tells the worker to build a road. This is a major annoyance and most definitely a bug.

The shortcut key for building a road should be CTRL-R

Very often when I have a worker selected as the active unit, I want to reveal resource icons on the map. Hitting the R key while the worker is active instead tells the worker to build a road. This is a major annoyance and most definitely a bug.
My very thoughts.
Let's hope it gets fixed soon!

I was having the same problem, until I realized it should be CTRL + R, and not simultaneously, hit ctrl release ctrl, and then hit R. Took some practice but it seems to work for me.

Probably someone noticed this already but i recently had my worker start building a road not intented for the umpteenth time ending its turn :(

The thing is the shortcut for building roads and showing resources is both r... I play with resources off standard but when a worker pops up having finished his current job i want to check what (new) resources can be improved... Obviously the worker starts building an unwanted road which effectively ends the turn :crazyeye:

Its just annoying but if they could just change one of the shortcuts that would be nice.

Not sure whether I should call this a "bug" or a "suggested improvement".

I vote for "bug", since the chart on p. 207 of the (English) manual shows Ctrl-R for Show resource icons and just R for Construct a Road/Railroad.

Petek

Top Bottom