[Suggest] File save, file load interface

WuphonsReach

Prince
- Give us the option to have Civ5 autofill the save name box with a default generated string similar to Civ4's style. Which was something like "(leader name) (year)". For example:

Mehmed II AD-1570
Mehmed VI BC-2680

- Give us sorting options in the "load" dialog. Right now, it defaults to alphabetical which is a real PITA unless you are obsessive about naming your saves in a straightforward manner. We really don't need more then "sort by name" or "sort by date (desc)".

When you get into the realm of dozens of saves, especially if you're trying out a bunch of different leaders and might come back later, sorting in alphabetical order isn't enough unless you decide ahead of time what you want your naming system to look like.

I must agree in that I found the Civ 5 load/save interface a step back from Civ IV. One never needs to name a save in Civ IV unless they want to, yet it is very easy to keep track of the saves. Having to come up with a name for each save when it is perfectly achievable to have a meaningful default seems unnecessary. Sorting by date also makes things easier, one spends less time in the dialog if they just know the first save is the latest (which is what users want usually, I believe).

Top Bottom