Civ 5: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

Civ 5: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

• Thumbs Up (I’ve played the game)

Votes: 432 53.6%
  • Thumbs Up (I have not played the game)

Votes: 18 2.2%
  • Meh… (I’ve played the game)

Votes: 137 17.0%
  • Meh… (I have not played the game)

Votes: 18 2.2%
  • Thumbs Down (I’ve played the game)

Votes: 180 22.3%
  • Thumbs Down (I have not played the game)

Votes: 21 2.6%

• Total voters

BSmith1068

Deity
Retired Moderator
What is your opinion of Civ 5?

I'm really happy playing it so far, when I can freakin' get it to work. If this were a poll about how happiness with the stability and pre-release testing, two thumbs and both big toes waaaay down.

Lacking a "Ask me again in a few days/weeks when I have played more than ten hours" option. :)

So far, my opinion is mixed. Not impressed with the AI, some graphical issues, and some performance issues. It is, however, addictive, and I like the new combat system, and the Policies system is intriguing so far (missing civics, but that's mostly because I got so used to them). An option to change policies is missing.

It looks absolutely gorgeous, and I love the new gameplay mechanics, but there are clearly some balance issues that will need to be addressed in future patches. It's not taking away from my fun though.

Finding it really hard to get my mind out of CivIV mode though.

Also: it's killing my laptop.

Your poll is a little confusing, I think it should say two thumbs up or down for very good or bad not ``thumbs up``

Lacking a "Ask me again in a few days/weeks when I have played more than ten hours" option. :)

In a few days/weeks this thread will be on like page 20 and it will be time for a new poll. :p

Your poll is a little confusing, I think it should say two thumbs up or down for very good or bad not ``thumbs up``

It’s pretty simple really. If you like the game, vote thumbs up (which one depends on if you have played the game or not). If you don’t like the game vote thumbs down. If you are indifferent, vote Meh…

:bump: I'm sure more people have an opinion!

If you were to ask me:

"Would you recommend this game?"

That answer is a very confident "Yes!". But that being said, some things need to fixed and other things need to be added.

Came out today in the UK, I played all evening and am pleased with it:) Seems better balanced that previous incarnations!

Loving it. It's STILL Civ.....but it's new and different Civ.:goodjob:

(Still hating the river graphics tho'......cosmetic, but jus' saying)

I'm guessing there's a few Firaxis programmers looking at this poll and thinking "Thank Christ for that!"

Seems very good so far, a few little issues as others have said but overall promising, need to play more to be sure.

And yes, why are the rivers floating above the land?

I'm guessing there's a few Firaxis programmers looking at this poll and thinking "Thank Christ for that!"

With respect, I differ--they're looking at early sales and either thinking, "Great!" or "Ugh," because I haven't got those numbers, and neither have you. :) These polls, and these threads, tell nothing, as most of the people who post here are devotees of the series. So you'll find longtime fans, fanboys, and angry fans. But we don't really count for much, except that the developers don't want to piss us off. Too much.

As for me: I find the game interesting conceptually, but lacking adequate feedback, and both combat and negotiations AI laughable in its current stage. As I'm only playing the demo (and played a friend's copy briefly for longer), I'll revisit buying it in 6 months or so, to see what changes have been made. For now, this was just released far too soon.

With respect, I differ--they're looking at early sales and either thinking, "Great!" or "Ugh," because I haven't got those numbers, and neither have you. :) These polls, and these threads, tell nothing, as most of the people who post here are devotees of the series. So you'll find longtime fans, fanboys, and angry fans. But we don't really count for much, except that the developers don't want to piss us off. Too much.

As for me: I find the game interesting conceptually, but looking in adequate feedback, and both combat and negotiations AI laughable in its current stage. As I'm only playing the demo (and played a friend's copy briefly for longer), I'll revisit buying it in 6 months or so, to see what changes have been made. For now, this was just released far too soon.

Fair enough, of course actual sales are more important than what people on some forum think. But they'll certainly be pleased to see a high percentage of people on here (and I've never found a forum dedicated to a specific game or series of games with anywhere near the number of members of this one) saying they like it.

I'd certainly recommend it... you're missing out on the Giant Death Robot if you don't get the full game :cool:

Top Bottom