is there a 1 unit per tile mod for civ IV?

It would be nice of you could just do something broad like cap the amount of units per tile. Say 10. Still fairly big, but at least you have to break things up more than infinity.:D

I'm close to releasing an alpha version of my mod that contains the limited plot size concept. The terrain type determines the base plot size. For example grasslands can hold two units while desert can only hold one. Improvements, features, and routes(roads etc.) can modify this number. Cities have their own max value that is based on there population. Everything can be changed using XML files. I should have an alpha version out this week - It was delayed a few days by Civ5 (I had to at least try it ;)).

civ4 has collateral damage. we don't need any 1upt mod. stacks get punished by siege units already. you just need enough of them.

stacks get punished by siege units already. you just need enough of them.
Problem is: it's a (silly) arms race. There is a limit how units are damaged by collateral damage. So, in order to counter collateral, the best way (esp. in conjunction with the medic promo) isn't spreading out, but making the stacks even bigger.

To counter that, you need even more collateral damage units - and to prevent them from being gobbled off in few strikes, you need to defend them, so... you put them in a stack, too.

Which means, in the end, it's all about stack size and lots of big stack of dooms. Meh.

Cheers, LT.

The AI just looks at the plot at being impassable when there is no space. So over all the AI can handle this kind of thing pretty well.. It's far from perfect, but should work OK for the most part. The trouble occurs when the AI tries to move a unit a long distance in one mission push.

Top Bottom