[FIXED] Tile yield icons partially missing after reloading game

confirmed

steps to repoduce: Load save, activate yield overlay, reload same save.

I've tried the same with a own save, but everything worked as it should.

I could swear (sadly, not reproduceable) that the same thing as in The_Js screenshot had happed to me though.

One similarity is that we all are germans. Just another hint - on the other hand, I play the english version of the game, so it is just that we all play the "european version".

I had a similar bug, but opposite:

After the update to 1.0.20 I loaded a save made prior to any patching in which Yield display was activated.
The game had horrible performance issues, so i turned yield off, when moving to other continents Yield was still showing there. I had to turn it on and off again at that place, and when moving Yield would still show elsewhere.

Got a related bug (sorry if this has already been posted): I play with resource icons related. When I load a game, the icons *sometimes* don't show, even though the option is still enabled in the menu. Ticking it off then back on instantly resolves the issue though. This is a very minor issue, I know, but thought I might as well point it out ;p
On the other hand, I think I have yet to see it happen partially: either ALL icons show up, or ALL icons are hidden.
Will try to check for a pattern as for when it bugs out and when not (maybe when restarting the game entirely? reloading when already playing another game? dunno)
If it helps, I got the European version too, playing in English (Steam in English too) on a Computer with a French OS.

ha, wrong - I can confirm The_Js second screenshot too!

Allready uploaded the screenshot in another bug report.

Spoiler :

There is a save in the other thread too.

So, confirmation for both yield-related things. Still no idea what might have caused it.

I don't think this is the same as the 2nd screens that was posted. In my game I've noticed when two cities overlap on hexes, if one city works the tile then the other city sees it as that arrow icon, but if one city does not work a tile, but they claimed the tiles first through cultural expansion, then the second city sees that tile without yields unless they send a worker there.

I don't think this is the same as the 2nd screens that was posted. In my game I've noticed when two cities overlap on hexes, if one city works the tile then the other city sees it as that arrow icon, but if one city does not work a tile, but they claimed the tiles first through cultural expansion, then the second city sees that tile without yields unless they send a worker there.

Might be, but I am pretty sure, the desert tile in the topmost left corner of the screen was claimed by the city of the screen shot. In The_Js screenshot it could be that those tiles were at some point blockaded like the lower left ones and didn't get their yield icons back when the units moved along

I would still think that both errors have the same basic error. The yields should alway be refreshed, no matter how, when you enter the city screen. This should be the case, no matter if the tile is workable, worked by another city or even blockaded. When I enter the city screen I want to see that.

Recheck "show tile yields" checkbox in the lower right corner of the UI. No reload needed.

Fixed it for me. Maybe i also switched to city view and back. Yields and Icons disappear quite often too.

I just had this happen to me. It was very frustrating, because nothing I tried would fix it (including reloading and toggling the "show tile yields" option). Eventually I gave up and decided to press on. A few turns later I noticed that the problem had fixed itself.

This topic says "fixed". I don't see the fix... Anyways, I managed to reproduce the bug by clicking around a lot on the mini map. It seems like the game can't keep up with drawing the tile yields when you do that. If you smooth scroll outside the effected area and then smooth scroll back, the tile yields reappear.

I've toggled tile yields, restarted game, changed resolution, and updated vid card drivers. Next I'll try Steam cache and then it's on to re-install.

Top Bottom