[BUG] Impossible to see units' promotions, interface hides them

Teodosio

Warlord
Problem: if a unit has too many promotions you cannot see them.
You can see the icons but they are partially hidden by the unit's picture and the tooltip that should tell what is the promotion doesn't shows itself.
Screenshot:

Confirmed, it's even worse if you don't have the small UI enabled. (I normally play at 1920x1200 with auto-scale UI.)

Again, they should have kept the feature from civ4 where you can mouse over the unit portrait to get a popup of all the promotions the unit has.

Link to save attached in another post, because I can't figure out how to post the attachment here, Stampy is fully upgraded and half the promotions are covered: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=265318&d=1285555880

When a unit has many promotions, not uncommon for complex end game units, the icons don't fit well into the unit display in the bottom left of the screen. In particular, when you try to mouse over an ability/promotion icon to determine what it is, it can be obscured by the circular unit image and the tooltip picks this up instead.

This is problematic as different abilities tend to use the same symbols! I don't know another method to determine which identical ability is on a unit except through this tooltip. This means it is impossible to determine the promotion except by going into the civilopaedia and guessing which it is.

I've attached a screenshot, unfortunately the mouse pointer is not shown clearly. The mouse is however over the two leftmost red triangles trying to acquire a tooltip.

Attachments

• symbols.jpg
    symbols.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 193
Top Bottom