[BUG] AI doesn't like to navigate?

jacyp

Winter Lover
This is my save game: View attachment weird AI behavior.Civ5Save

It's turn 437, the Iroquoi are way ahead of me on the tech tree (13 techs ahead) and they have dominated the entire continent.

I want to report the following weird behaviors that can be checked by you guys on this save:

1 - I have 4 Destroyers pounding their units that comes close. But they don't make any naval unit to counter me. You can load the game and keep destroying all the Mech Infantry and Sam Battery that they keep sending to the shores just to be there, standing still, serving as targets for practice, easy XP. You destroy one, they send another.

2 - See all those obsolete units around the city of Osininka, just bellow my destroyers? They are there forever, and won't move no matter what. Try to invade their lands from where the destroyers are standing. They won't move those units, they will send Mech Infantry from inland.

3 - See the Artillery inside the city of Osininka? Even though it has 3 of range, you can be at range 3 and it won't shoot you (try to move the destroyer, in fact I think the destroyer already is in range and they don't shoot). But if you get at range 2, then they will start shooting with the artillery and the city. I think the AI doesn't know that some units can shoot at ranges farther than 2.

4 - The AI didn't explore the seas. In fact, when I first tried to invade the Iroquoi, they had 2 frigates where my destroyers are now, and that's it, they never moved past the "litoral" area. They've embarked some units to take my cities that are bellow their continent, down there on the map, but my impression is that they didn't know that they can venture further, into the ocean. If you talk to the civilizations at my continent, you can go to the option of "declare war on..." to see that they've never met the Iroquoi, after 437 turns of game.

That's pretty much the most frustating behavior I saw on the game so far.

Does everyone saw any behavior like that on 2 continent games?

Yep, always exactly as you describe. While the AI does build some few ships, they hardly do anything with them. In case of a war, they tend to not even shoot back at my fleet, and they never explore the seas. In several games I found islands with Ancient Ruins in the Industrial Age, and Civs never seem to make contact with their counterparts on other continents.

Should be really fun on archipelago maps. :crazyeye:

I have seen them sailing with real ships and not just embarkin units. Althou newer any advanced units (On an archipelago map)

Top Bottom