Getting Started

Thalassicus

Bytes and Nibblers

Communitas is a community-made expansion pack for Civilization V. We started this project because we believe Civilization is a fantastic game, and we want to perfect it while remaining as close to the core experience as possible.

Visit communitas.wikia.com to learn more about the project.

Click to install the expansion.

Post in the forum if you have any comments, suggestions, or questions.

Click here if you encounter any problems while playing the expansion.

while this is great it runs into a few problems, mainly updates, i mean if people know how to mix and match xml files they don't need your combined pack, and if they don't you'll need to do constant revisions.

secondly imho, this is missing the "big" revision mods suck as valk's economy mod or ice's strategic tile changes.

This is simply the collection of Thalassicus' own small mods, not of balance mods per se.

Just what JDexter said. I'm including links here for reference, and the file is for those who are currently unable to download them ingame due to (soon to be fixed) mod browser bugs.

I installed all the separate mods, but my question I suppose is in general. If you come up with a new version of the mod, is it automatically updated though steam when you publish it?

@mattpilot
Of course, no problem!

@wapamingo
I believe so, though it's difficult for me to verify on my own (since I can't simultaneously experience both uploading and downloading the same mod). I did see Kael say something to that effect in his Celtic mod thread. I've asked your question on one of the stickies on the main modding forum, and will try and get you a definite answer.

I did experiment with some of the mod options yesterday that might have accidentally broken any automatic updates (tested the effect of changing the Mod ID), so it wouldn't hurt to download here or check online for the latest versions of the mods this one time. I didn't know about the update service until I read Kael's post earlier today.

I am currently giving the mod(s) a whirl. It seems to be working great. My only mistake was selecting Babylon as my civ, so I started in the desert. Seven cities later, I'm still in the desert :p
Anyway, I always micro my workers, and I find myself actually reading and comparing each possible improvement. And I actually used my first three Great Scientists for academies. So far, it all seems to be very nice, so good job! High marks!
I would love it if you could do something similar to the epic/marathon building/research rebalance mods that are currently out there. Lowering building hammer costs while slightly increasing research costs, or maybe just increasing the number of hammers in a city/windmill/workshop/plant. None of the mods of that kind that I have so far come across fit me just right, if you know what I'm saying, so I'd like to see your take on it.

can you please post the changes you make between versions?

I'm having a hard time keeping up with it. Everytime i launch Civ there's new versions. There's no info on whats different than the version i already have. I like knowing what to expect.

And no, it does not auto-update. It shows up as an uninstalled mod. Basically when you browse the mods list in-game and it doesn't say "Already Installed" it's a new version. If you want it, you have to remove the one already installed then download and install the new one.

@TheBoz
Sure, I'll think about it a while and see if I come up with anything.

@Gorey
I apologize for the confusion, I'm a perfectionist and tend to revise things until it's just right.

The majority of version increases have simply been me learning how the mod posting system works and revising the presentation of the mods. I've been updating the descriptions to be more concise, use bullet points, icons, that sort of thing. On the threads here on Civfanatics for individual mod components, when I make any actual gameplay changes to that component, I indicate those changes on a version history on the page.

For example, on the Greater Improvements page I indicated the gameplay changes in the version history spoiler:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=385262

For consistency, I will do this for each component page. Thank you for the feedback!

Try it again, I just updated so there might have been a slight delay, or you might have attempted to download during the interim period where I'd deleted the previous version.

Thanks for uploading this as a zip! I can never get the mod browser to work... Any time I try to search or filter the results, the browser breaks and nothing short of restarting the game will fix it.

@Gorey
Thank you for catching that, I've updated the link.

I would love it if you could do something similar to the epic/marathon building/research rebalance mods that are currently out there. Lowering building hammer costs while slightly increasing research costs, or maybe just increasing the number of hammers in a city/windmill/workshop/plant. None of the mods of that kind that I have so far come across fit me just right, if you know what I'm saying, so I'd like to see your take on it.

After playing through a few games with the Mine & Lumbermill adjustment, I've found this achieves the desired effect. Just a few of either tile can make a city quite productive, letting you actually build things before they go obsolete. I do like the idea of a workshop, but there's several other people working on a mod to add workshops, so I don't want to interfere.

The current .ZIP file lists "Farms (v2)", while the old one listed "Farms (v4)", was this an intentional rollback to a previous version?

Top Bottom