No Americans Playing With Europeans?

Flak Fox

Radioactive Vulpine
Having a strange issue with a friend of mine from the UK. He has different games up when he goes to internet games in multiplayer than I do, he can't see my games, I can't see his, and even using tunngle doesn't seem to work (he can find my game but can't connect).

Anyone else have issues like this playing games with anyone across the pond in either direction?

Edit: So you have to use steam to do it? Dumb, but at least it works.

Steam uses regional servers, so no your not going to see his hosted game in the list or vice versa, unless you go into Steam settings and change your cloud/download region.

But as long as you have him on your friends list you can join his game by clicking on his name.

CS

question - is it possible to join several clouds games? since i just want old rusty lobby , and my region seems have no hosted games at all...... it also sounds bit like some kind of national determination, and denies concept of MP games where you can play with anoyone in the world....
Any way to change that?>

question - is it possible to join several clouds games? since i just want old rusty lobby , and my region seems have no hosted games at all...... it also sounds bit like some kind of national determination, and denies concept of MP games where you can play with anoyone in the world....
Any way to change that?>

We have asked for a global server but I have no idea if that is ever going to happen. We do have a very active Civplayers Steam chat room that is doing well as a replacement lobby. We have had on average 30+ players on weekday nights, and 50+ on weekends.

You do not have to be league to use the chat room we welcome all MP players.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

CS

Even when i changed the region on Steam, I still cannot see any hosted games (playing in China)

I can connect if a friend on Steam sends an invite though.

Even when i changed the region on Steam, I still cannot see any hosted games (playing in China)

I can connect if a friend on Steam sends an invite though.

My understanding is that the regional download/cloud servers are not a hard and fast rule for steam game list, the real rule they use is ping time, they will only show you a list of games that is under a certain ping/latency to you despite the server you have chosen.

This is no doubt a decision based on 2K not wanting a bunch more internet lag complaints from customers.....

CS

We have asked for a global server but I have no idea if that is ever going to happen. We do have a very active Civplayers Steam chat room that is doing well as a replacement lobby. We have had on average 30+ players on weekday nights, and 50+ on weekends.

You do not have to be league to use the chat room we welcome all MP players.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers

steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

CS

Total wars fans have been asking about a lobby for ETW and NTW for the past 18 months and it has never happened.
Since all of their game servers are decentralized i think its impossible for them to make a lobby for one and all.

btw all what said CanuckSoldier worked and it really the way (only one atm) to handle MP - the thing is you need to join ladder - and play ladder with their certain settings (cton) games but as it is - if you dont care - its easy to find ones that way

Top Bottom