Yet Another Huge Earth Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
Yet Another Huge Earth Map is based on Dale's True Starting Location huge earth map. The biggest change is a upscaling of western europe to give a few more starting hex to England, France and Roman Empires. Japan is upscaled the same way.

A lot of other minor change have been made to help gameplay.

11 new city States have been added to the existing ones (and some have been removed), mostly to populate Africa and America and free Europe.

There are 3 versions of the map :

1- Old world start, no civ in america but some city states.
2- All civs available
3- All civs except US but with american nations

Installation :

YAHEM can be installed from the Mod Hub or downloaded here

v0.4 changes :

- bugfix: some civs shared the vision of some city states, resolved
- mongolia TSL added

this version is outdated

The new version is part of my earth map pack, any question / comments and suggestion should be posted there...

thank you.

Attachments

• europe3.jpg
    europe3.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 9,725
Does it have the Iroquois in America?
What city states are in America?
Seem nice though!

I suppose you mean there´s indigenous civs (no US in 4000 BC). :lol:
yep, native americans only in map 1 and 3.

Does it have the Iroquois in America?
What city states are in America?
Seem nice though!

The Iroquois/Aztec are only in map 2. Maybe I should made a 4th map with just the US removed ?

the american city-states (or city-tribes) in map 1 and 2 :
- Sutaio (Cheyenne)
- Lakota (Sioux)
- Tikal (Maya)
- Cuzco (Inca)

the american city-states (or city-tribes) in map 3 :
Spoiler :
- 2 Cheyenne (Sutaio and Tsitsistas)
- 3 Sioux (Lakota, Santee and Yankton)
- 3 Maya (Tikal, Uxmal and Copan)
- 4 Inca (Cuzco, Cajamarca, Quito, Tiwanaku)

I didn't change that, it's still randomly done, and it's the same for ancient ruines.

A request
v4 maybe killing of your opponents as only victory condition combined with 2- All civ available

- side note...why is turkey region not connected to Europe?? can you change this?

yep, native americans only in map 1 and 3.

The Iroquois/Aztec are only in map 2. Maybe I should made a 4th map with just the US removed ?

the american city-states (or city-tribes) in map 1 and 2 :
- Sutaio (Cheyenne)
- Lakota (Sioux)
- Tikal (Maya)
- Cuzco (Inca)

the american city-states (or city-tribes) in map 3 :
Spoiler :
- 2 Cheyenne (Sutaio and Tsitsistas)
- 3 Sioux (Lakota, Santee and Yankton)
- 3 Maya (Tikal, Uxmal and Copan)
- 4 Inca (Cuzco, Cajamarca, Quito, Tiwanaku)

Hi Gedemon, can I use your city states for my City State Empires mod (see signature link)? I will give credit. Your native american ones are exactly what I was after! Great job :goodjob:
p.s. do they have Civilopedia entries?

yes, you can use theim, and yes, all the new city states have pedia entry (copied and edited a bit from wikipedia)

I have been playin a game for a few days now with this map (old world start). Europe seems like it could still be a few squares too small. Songhai and india just ran away with the game though because of all the room they have to expand. Still having alot of fun with the map though. Thanks

Hi all,

Is anyone elses game crashing to desktop randomly between turns? Happens to me when I try to play with this map (with all civs), and everytime I try to access the civilopedia.

I'm playing an epic game as Japan with normal difficulty, if that makes any difference.

It's a great mod but it's frustrating when it CTDs all the time.

It crashes consistently on my PC, at the end of the loading screen, just before showing the map for the first time. I'm on XP, BTW.

Anybody else? Hints?

@jonmar : could you PM me a savegame ? (and the list of mods you use, if you do)

@ZiggySt : using one civ in particular, or any civ ? and with the 3 maps ?

Just click on Gedemon,s name at the side of his posts ...and you get the option to send P.M

Yeah I did that but it's not there. I've added him to my contacts but I still have the "add as contact" option there as well. It seems like I don't have an inbox either.

I think there's a period of time where you have wait. When I first signed up, I couldn't find the PM system either, then I saw it all of a sudden, maybe two weeks in.

Gotcha!

Well, for Gedemon, I've attached my savegame to this post. I only have this mod (YAHEM) installed.

So far it has crashed the first time I start a game, while it's loading, in the middle of the narrator speaking, trying to access the civilopedia and between turns.

Attachments

• Jon.Civ5Save
    861.6 KB · Views: 226
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom