multiplayer settings are not loaded or used in general: like difficulty settings?

crazy_achmed

Chieftain
Hi,
me and some friends tried to play some multiplayer civ5 games and we noticed some strange things:
1. difficulty settings are allways on prince!
No matter what you set up (every human player choosed the same settings, the rest where ki, with no difficulty option). After loading you can see that this settings are overwritten with "prince" and no matter what you set up (i thought it could be a display issue) we allways got 9 happy smiles for difficulty in the game (even when selected level 7). Whats wrong here? Are the difficulty settings working in multiplayer?
One of my frieds said that even in singleplayer he allways had the same amount of happy faces when starting a new game, and he even tried several difficulty settings (and btw had the impression that the ki was allways working the same and was allways easy)

2. when playing on the biggest map type in multiplayer (2-3 humans) causes a little warning: "illigitimate amount of players (not sure here, i got this warning in german)" when adding the 9th AI!!! player. But when starting the game with 12 players, all AI player are there, so there seems to be no effect, but the warning is strange.

3. we had several games with raging barbarians activated and very often (maybe allways but iam not sure, i think the first games did not had this issue) when we had to load the initial or early saves (because of strange crashes) there was no acitvated "raging barbarien" hint anymore.
Normaly it is listed next/under the strange "illigitimate amount of players" warning, but often it is gone after loading. I think even here the game is not recognizing all game settings.

Hello,

My friends and me have the same problem aswel. We stard the game on emperor play it for some time and then save it. When we load the game its reset to prince dificulty.

We save with the cntr s option and rename the save past it in the autosave folder so we know which to load. So the problem could come from there.

Just have to say its stupid the is no real save option in multie player our games take like 20 hours or so and autosaving does not work realy well. If you have multiple games going on.

Greetings Bromidias (long time lurker)

We just used the autosave function, it has not to do with the loading i think. I think even when just creating the game, right after start the difficulty is reset to prince. You can check this when you hold the mouse pointer on the happy smile stat, there is allways 9 happy smiles for difficulty in multiplayer.

I have also experienced this problem. When I load an auto-saved game from multiplayer it will show the difficulty as prince in the game lobby. Whether or not the game actually acts as if it is prince is another story, I didn't think to check the happiness level based on level but the AI seemed to be functioning as if it was on King and not Prince. No hard facts on that though.

We where playing it on emperor, game lobby shows prince and in game our happyness from game dificulty is 9. I find it hard to gues half way through a game if the AI is playing like a prince or a emperor.

Ive had this problem tonight again. It seems a error in the lobby, there players are reset to prince but afther checking in game. with esc menu there thge game still say's its emperor.

So I think its only a Lobby bug.

Do you checked the bonus happy faces given for difficulty level? We get always 9 extra smiles. This should not be the case if this is just a lobby problem. Ingame we see the original chosed level, when we choose emperior, we got the "lobby bug" [prince in lobby after loading] but still see emperior in the esc menu, BUT always have 9 extra smiles (could be seven, iam not sure)!

Prince and above always give 9 happyness faces I believe. Only the ai gets bonuses. beneed prince you get bonuses like more happyfaces. This is easy to try out ofcourse in single player.

Just tested it, prince and higher you always have 9 happyness when starting. lower then prince you get a bonus to your happyness.

Prince and above always give 9 happyness faces I believe. Only the ai gets bonuses. beneed prince you get bonuses like more happyfaces. This is easy to try out ofcourse in single player.

Just tested it, prince and higher you always have 9 happyness when strating. lower then price you get a bonus to your happyness.
i do not expected an additional bonus, but a malus for higher difficulty settings (that is the main reason why we choosed higher difficulty levels, because we want a harder game)

Top Bottom