Medieval scenario

MaxRiga

Emperor

Hi
this scenario for CIV5 without any mods.

Installation details -
1- download file and unzip ( MedievalEarth.Civ5Map ) to (user)/my documents/my games/civ5/maps folder
2- launch you civ5 - go to mods ( accept )- single player - set up game - click on earth and find "1470AD Medieval map by MaxRiga" map - check in "Load Scenario"
3- take any of Civilizations and "Start Scenario"

About Scenario

This is huge earth map with already built cities for every civilization. European civilizations are more advanced technological and have military advantage over all other civs. Medieval times were dark and brutal .. make it happen again :)

Some playing tips –

1- You can always conquer some city towns to use their land mass for building new towns ( specially in Africa, Americas or Asia )
2- UK and France are very advanced in the beginning of the scenario but as always in civ series never forget to get more land for new towns, otherwise less developed nations on big territories can easily reach you technological and cultural level
3- Russia is very big and has access to town countries with huge land territories in Siberia and Mid Asia. It has 5 cities at start but Russian cities are poor and absolutely not developed. Russia can easily get bankrupt, so, it’s really hard now to control this huge country and not to get conquered by Europeans. Russia is in the medieval epoch at the start but far away from Europe in technological advances.
4- Germany is also less advanced compare to UK and France and fighting for living territories is the only possibility to survive. But before attack your neighbors on West or East be sure to get alliances with European town countries, otherwise Germany can be easily crashed.
5- China and Japan hasn’t reach medieval ages yet, but it’s pretty save to be far away from Europe. This two Asian countries can live in peace and harmony if not fall down in bloody wars for Korea.
6- Egypt, Arabia and Ottoman Empire are in big danger. This civilizations haven’t reach medieval ages yet and very close to expansion European nations. Developing economy and building new towns in Middle East and Africa is the only possibility to survive. But can you trust your neighbors that think the same way?
7- India has all opportunities to grow up quickly and peacefully. It’s far away from Western and Eastern worlds and can trade with them with big amount of luxury recourses. It’s up to you where you move your first army to – west or east?
8- Aztec and Iroquois are very new civilizations. Both civs start with small town and many barbarians around it on the unknown land of America.

Download file:
Current version - 4

List of changings:
Spoiler :

v3

- Some borders are balanced
- Now Russia has oil resources ( in northern parts of Russian Asia )
- Many little ajustments and fixes

v2

- Many little adjustments in terrains, borders, cities buildings and tech knowledge for different civs
- many more new town countries all over the map are added. Now it's easier to conquer big land masses ( such as North America, Africa and Siberia ).

v1

- Lot of little adjustments
- Right deiplo contacts ( west hasn't met east yet )
- diplo system for city towns ( many civs now has already influence on different city states, so to make it much harder to fight in Europe ignoring other interests )

beta 3

- Some capitals are fixed to be
- Istanbul is renamed to Constantinople
- Helsinki city state is appear to be in Finland now
- West European countries a bit more advance in some techs
- Other countries has less cultural points at the start
and some more little adjustments

beta2

- All nations are playable now
- All nations now have map discovers ( European civs can see the whole Europe now )
- All nations and city states now have borders ( not just around main cities )
- City states names and general names are not common ( not all of them so far )

Attachments

• russia.JPG
    russia.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 10,458
  • uk-map.JPG
    uk-map.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 9,168
  • 1470AD-MedievalEarth.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 3,780
  • 1470AD-MedievalEarth(G&K-15civs).zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 518
  • 1470AD-MedievalEarth(G&K-22civs).zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 965
Interesting Idea, as for questions;

3: the paint tool, one of the options is Culture, and you can select what nation you want the culture to be.

1: You will need to create a mod to modify the CIV5GameSpeeds.xml file, and change the MonthIncrement and Turns per Increment value...

For example:

Marathon has the first as 180 Month increment (15 years) that goes for 100 turns, then it drops to 120 (10 years) per turn for 300 turns... and so on and so forth.

If you had some numbers that you wanted i could probably create a mod for you (quite simple) to change this if you want... then you have to load your mod and enable the mod ( I think, haven't tried it)

Some things I noticed:

- England starts without a capital (no biggy, as it only costs 1 turn to build palace, but still)
- game speed seems to be off; it took me 10 turns to get past 1700 AD on Epic (Marathon gets me to 1620, but then the build/research times are completely out of whack).

Might be fun to mod in Spain, which was about to become important in 1470 AD, instead of the current city state it is. ;)

nice to see you here for Civ5. I loved your mod for civ4 :) keep it up

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XCL0FT6

beta 3

nice to see you here for Civ5. I loved your mod for civ4 keep it up

thx, but no more modding for me, just some primitive scenarios only :)

- game speed seems to be off; it took me 10 turns to get past 1700 AD on Epic (Marathon gets me to 1620, but then the build/research times are completely out of whack).

I know but can't do anything with it. It seems like you have to mod it but it's impossible to change in just a single scenario.

Might be fun to mod in Spain, which was about to become important in 1470 AD, instead of the current city state it is.

I know. Tell it to Sid :)

the man is back
welcome max
still cold in canada

Actually, it's very warm now in Montreal :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XCL0FT6

beta 3

Cool!

I know but can't do anything with it. It seems like you have to mod it but it's impossible to change in just a single scenario.

That´s too bad (since you just said you wouldn´t mod)...

I know. Tell it to Sid :)

:lol: Ok. (I mentioned it ´cause there´s already a Spain civ out.)

Also, I forgot to mention (not sure if you have fixed this yet): the Euro civs simply haven´t enough units to do stuff with. For instance, I only noticed Russia taking 1 city. (I tried England, but basically all I could do was scout with my Caravels and wait for city productions to finish.) Compared with their smallness their technological headstart doesn´t really get them anywhere.

Also, I forgot to mention (not sure if you have fixed this yet): the Euro civs simply haven´t enough units to do stuff with. For instance, I only noticed Russia taking 1 city. (I tried England, but basically all I could do was scout with my Caravels and wait for city productions to finish.) Compared with their smallness their technological headstart doesn´t really get them anywhere.

I can agree and disagree with you at the same time. Yes, Europe is too small compare to other massive land areas in this scenario. But it's the basic of all civilizations series that you need more land to grow up ( I disagree with such game tactic at all but well, it's civ5, not me ). On another hand I've played today 5 different games with different nations and I was really amazed that all of my games was pleasantly different. I've create more diplomacy now and it turned out not just about land mass conquere. (I've adjusted many city countries influences and more realistic diplomatic contacts ). For example, I win as England because I build many Americas colonies and blocked France from naval expansion. And i never won any inland war in Europe. Playing as France I conquered almost all Europe ( except England and Germany ) and finish my wars in Moscow. The most dramatic games I had when I was playing Russia and Arabia. No matter how big Russia is I can't manage my grow well and I always loose after attack of Germany. So, as you can see, it's not just about land now. Cultural advantage ( policies ) now very important. May be even more then amount of cities ( at start ).

Any way, tomorrow I'm gonna release new update and I hope it's gonna be final one. I did many improvements today and it looks now pretty much polished. Can’t wait to make it possible to play it in multiplayer.

He could be referring to Steam being down (or just internet sic), which I had for 5 mins yesterday.

Anyway, it would be nice if the date could be fixed (or, failing that, removed from the screen); it´s really weird playing in the future while you´re still on Medieval/Renaissance advances. :crazyeye:

your cities are modern because you are in the modern era... due to having the advanced ballistics technology.

If the screens are up to date w/v. 2 you should replace Thebes w/Alexandria and Memphis w/Cairo.

Otherwise, keep it up! :thumbsup:

Some playing tips –

1- You can always conquer some city towns to use their land mass for building new towns ( specially in Africa, Americas or Asia )
2- UK and France are very advanced in the beginning of the scenario but as always in civ series never forget to get more land for new towns, otherwise less developed nations on big territories can easily reach you technological and cultural level
3- Russia is very big and has access to town countries with huge land territories in Siberia and Mid Asia. It has 5 cities at start but Russian cities are poor and absolutely not developed. Russia can easily get bankrupt, so, it’s really hard now to control this huge country and not to get conquered by Europeans. Russia is in the medieval epoch at the start but far away from Europe in technological advances.
4- Germany is also less advanced compare to UK and France and fighting for living territories is the only possibility to survive. But before attack your neighbors on West or East be sure to get alliances with European town countries, otherwise Germany can be easily crashed.
5- China and Japan hasn’t reach medieval ages yet, but it’s pretty save to be far away from Europe. This two Asian countries can live in peace and harmony if not fall down in bloody wars for Korea.
6- Egypt, Arabia and Ottoman Empire are in big danger. This civilizations haven’t reach medieval ages yet and very close to expansion European nations. Developing economy and building new towns in Middle East and Africa is the only possibility to survive. But can you trust your neighbors that think the same way?
7- India has all opportunities to grow up quickly and peacefully. It’s far away from Western and Eastern worlds and can trade with them with big amount of luxury recourses. It’s up to you where you move your first army to – west or east?
8- Aztec and Iroquois are very new civilizations. Both civs start with small town and many barbarians around it on the unknown land of America.

1- That is good, historically most of the expansion done was conquest and not settlers going on to Terra Nullius.
2- Why? English and French were technologically inferior to such empires as the Arabs, Chinese and Byzantines. Their technology didn't catch up until much later.
3- Russia was in medieval times very chaotic, and by no means should they be represented as a single civilization straight from the beginning. Also, Russia wasn't so poor compared to western powers, the difference came only after the west started gaining riches from their colonies.
4- Germany was a dominating power all the way to 16th century, and after that they still occupied a huge part of continental Europe. The French and English would have had no hope to win Germany until with the development of their armies to the same level as that of the HRE, which didn't come until later.
5- Chinese were ridiculously more advanced than the European barbarians. The poor strategy of isolation ruined their chances against Europeans on the world stage much later on. The Japanese science was largely influenced by the Chinese, so they should e close to what Chinese have.
6- Europeans were no real threat to the muslim world. The real threat, that ultimately was their civilization's downfall, came from the east in the form of Mongol hordes.
7- India was as scattered as Russia back in the day, and no way they had great chances at peaceful development - the Mongols were a very real threat, which they could not overcome, followed by centuries of occupation by foreign powers.
8- The Aztecs were not technologically that far behind the Europeans. What really caused their sudden fall before the conquistadors were gunpowder, horses and small pox, out of which small pox is the most important one.

Top Bottom