Olympic World

Nercury

Warlord
Battle takes place inside giant Olympic Rings. Will you choose the diplomatic side, or will you betray the symbol of piece and spill the blood?

Just had an idea for a map script while playing with hex tile shapes. This map script uses Pangaea terrain and resources, should scale to all map sizes.

Enjoy ;)

Instalation of downloaded file:
Copy civ5mod file to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder.
Run civilization, go to MODS, Browse.
Click "Install mods", then refresh the list by entering it again.
Activate the mod, then use Single Player menu option in MODS menu. Select map script from the list.

Mod is also available over mod browser

Changes:
* Learned how to create description properly over several times
* Some small fixes to the ring thickness
* Saved map is no longer dependent on this mod and can be loaded over main menu if v 5 was used

Attachments

• ow_huge.jpg
    ow_huge.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 1,622
  • Olympic World - Map Script (v 5).civ5mod
    6.7 KB · Views: 339
Nice effort! I may give that a whirl sometime. If I'd seen it two weeks ago, I might have made it my Facebook cover.

I would be interested in a mod that had the Olympics as a regular world event. Maybe you'd have to have a stadium (or just colosseum?) in every city or some other prerequisite to begin a project that would make your nation a contender, then every four years the World Congress (or equivalent) votes on a host nation, which adds certain production pressures as you build the venues, and your score depends on your level of preparation after the 7 years leading up to the games. The more civs there are in the games, the more work you'd need to do as host nation (and more incentive to conquer would-be entrants sooner!). Host nations would of course get gold and tourism bumps. Your score would depend in part on how well your delegation performed, with production being spent on training to increase their size and chances, and certain policies or ideologies granting your team and the host team an advantage. Medals would increase culture. Perhaps espionage could be employed to rig the judging, with exposure of such activities resulting in grave consequences. And let's not forget the effects of wars--or on them!

Or something like that. And to keep the IOC at bay, it would need to be called the Great Games or whatever, with a different but obviously-referencing logo.

Sorry for the necro, if that sort of thing offends you.

Top Bottom