Knowing what db elements are in gamesave file versus reloaded from xml/sql

Pazyryk

Deity
This is important for two reasons: 1) you might be puzzled why your newly modified game element (e.g., trait) isn't taking effect in a previous gamesave; 2) you might want to know what elements can be changed "on the fly" during a game (by Lua code) that will "stick" in a particular game and not be reset on game reload (e.g., maybe you want your militaristic trait to get stronger after certain events like civ elimination).

I don't have much to put in these lists now. I'm hoping others will chime in with their observations or knowledge gained by other means (has anyone been able to read the contents of a gamesave file?). I'll update if anyone has more to add.

Elements that seem to be in gamesave (not reset from xml/sql)
  1. Traits
  2. ?

Elements that are reset from xml/sql on game reload
  1. Everything else?

OK, this got moved and dropped to page 3 (my sympathies to the moderators, tough job). But really, we need to know what is in the gamesave file and what is "reset" from xml/sql instructions. It's not entirely intuitive. Does anyone else have any info on this, or can anyone read the gamesave file directly to see what is there besides map/terrain/unit info? It's partly just useful info for mod testing/troubleshooting purposes, but it is also information that could be exploited in mod design (see my trait example above).

Top Bottom