Ninja!

j_mie6

Deity
:ninja:Ninja!:ninja:
Download!

This is a simple reskin of the Chinese swordsman and also using the Samurai's sword! My first unit with no help from anybody!

now for some screenshots!
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0122.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0122.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 5,129
  • Civ4ScreenShot0123.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0123.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 2,285
  • Civ4ScreenShot0124.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0124.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 2,274
I think they are very cool units but to me they don't look quite like ninjas, mainly because they have hats rather than head scarves like traditional (or stereotypical) ninjas. The great spy unit looks more like a ninja. But I'm downloading them and giving them a high rating because I like them anyway. :goodjob:

mmmm I agree there I hated the fact that the hat is there... If only the great spies skeleton was the same... :(

The idea of adding a ninja unit, I think many of might like, but...

Ninjas are originally from and most associated with Japan, not China.
You might want to correct the empire.

The scarf idea, everyone is mentioning, is good.
If the pink sash or obi, changes color with the empire (aka, red for Japan), then, it should look pretty cool.

The ninja's weapon should Not be a katana. That is the Samurai unit's weapon.
Ninjas used shurikens or a kusarigama and thus would be the most appropiate weapon.

The black artwork from the neck down, looks cool, like what most of us would envision a Ninja might look like. Probably, from some bad movie though, lol.

The Chinese could have Shaolin monks or something. They don't need to steal a unit from Japan.
:)
I saw a Chinese rocketeer in here, based on the Cho-ku-nu. That would be another example.

Just some appropiate constructive criticism.

I used china for display because I like the colour more :p

as this was my first unit I had little experience to nifswap a scarf or make a seperate sword... when I have more time, I can do a better one but currently im bogged down with mod work...

thanks for the critisism though!

I was thinking of adding a ninja to my mod just fifteen minutes ago. Now that's absurd! I like them. :)

Top Bottom