Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - Creation & Customization > Civ5 - Mod Components

Old Oct 11, 2010, 05:45 AM   #1
blazekid87
Warlord

LAN Multiplayer With MODS

I have created this simple mod which enables multiplayer with MODS for LAN ONLY!! It requires that you overwrite a file so make sure u create a back up. It does not affect any other aspect of the game and should work with any mod or mod combination that works in single player. If you do not wish to play with a mod, do not forget to disable it from the mod browser.

Installation:
1. Unzip File
2. Copy contents to assets/UI/Frontend/Multiplayer and overwrite any existing file.

Use:
1. Activate your mod through the browser
2. Go back to the main menu and go to multiplayer and select LAN
3. Any enabled mods from the mod browser will now be available to play online through LAN!

Please leave any comments!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Multiplayer.zip (8.2 KB, 8502 views)

Last edited by blazekid87; Oct 15, 2010 at 08:02 AM.
blazekid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Draelock
Chieftain

Would there be any reason that this mod doesn't work for us? We were sure to make certain that Civ was closed whilest the changes were being made. Two of us installed this together, simultaneously and no luck for either of us.
We tried every combination of installing deleting loading and reloading mods to no avail as well.
Perhaps it works but is somehow not seeing the mods? Where is the file that tells the singleplayer Mod system where to find the mods? Perhaps that type of info needs to be modded too?
Does this mod work for you? We are using windows 7 64 bit. (I have no idea what matters in this case)

Last edited by Draelock; Oct 11, 2010 at 07:11 PM.
Draelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 08:24 PM   #3
blazekid87
Warlord

you have to overwrite the files in your installation directory.

ex. C:\Program Files\Civilization 5\assets\UI\Frontend\Multiplayer\

NOT in your mods directory.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 04:51 AM   #4
Dalnor
Chieftain

I couldn't get this to work either!

Though I noticed you can get the multiplayer option in the mods menu (mods dont seem to load though)

In Assets\UI\FrontEnd\Modding\ModsMenu.lua, change

Code:
--Controls.MultiPlayerButton:RegisterCallback(Mouse.eLClick, function()
    --UIManager:SetUICursor( 1 );
	--Modding.ActivateEnabledMods();
	--UIManager:QueuePopup( Controls.ModMultiplayerSelectScreen, PopupPriority.ModMultiplayerSelectScreen );
    --UIManager:SetUICursor( 0 );
--end);
To

Code:
Controls.MultiPlayerButton:RegisterCallback(Mouse.eLClick, function()
    UIManager:SetUICursor( 1 );
	Modding.ActivateEnabledMods();
	UIManager:QueuePopup( Controls.ModMultiplayerSelectScreen, PopupPriority.ModMultiplayerSelectScreen );
    UIManager:SetUICursor( 0 );
end);
and in Assets\UI\FrontEnd\Modding\ModsMenu.xml change

PHP Code:
<!-- Hiding for now until we readdress multiplayer and modding -->
<!--<
GridButton Anchor="C,T" ID="MultiPlayerButton" Size="320,45" Style="ZoomButton" String="TXT_KEY_MODDING_MULTIPLAYER"> <ShowOnMouseOver> <AlphaAnim Anchor="L,T" Size="320,48" Pause="0" Cycle="Bounce" Speed="1" AlphaStart="1.5" AlphaEnd="1"> <Grid Size="320,48" Offset="0,-2" Padding="0,0" Style="Grid9FrameTurnsHL" /> </AlphaAnim> <AlphaAnim Anchor="L,T" Size="320,48" Pause="0" Cycle="Once" Speed="1" AlphaStart=".2" AlphaEnd="0"> <Image Anchor="R,C" Offset="0,0" AnchorSide="O.I" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/WorldView/WindowGlowRight.dds" Size="42,86" /> <Image Anchor="L,C" Offset="0,0" AnchorSide="O.I" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/WorldView/WindowGlowLeft.dds" Size="42,86" /> </AlphaAnim> </ShowOnMouseOver> <Image Anchor="C,T" AnchorSide="I.O" Offset="0,0" Texture="bar300x2.dds" Size="300.1" /> </GridButton>-->

<!-- 
Hiding for now until we address issues with multiplayer and modding -->
<!--<
LuaContext FileName="Assets/UI/FrontEnd/Multiplayer/MultiplayerSelect" ID="ModMultiplayerSelectScreen" Hidden="1"/>--> 
to

PHP Code:
<GridButton Anchor="C,T" ID="MultiPlayerButton" Size="320,45" Style="ZoomButton" String="TXT_KEY_MODDING_MULTIPLAYER">
<
ShowOnMouseOver>
<
AlphaAnim Anchor="L,T" Size="320,48" Pause="0" Cycle="Bounce" Speed="1" AlphaStart="1.5" AlphaEnd="1">
<
Grid Size="320,48" Offset="0,-2" Padding="0,0" Style="Grid9FrameTurnsHL"/>
</
AlphaAnim>
<
AlphaAnim Anchor="L,T" Size="320,48" Pause="0" Cycle="Once" Speed="1" AlphaStart=".2" AlphaEnd="0">
<
Image Anchor="R,C" Offset="0,0" AnchorSide="O.I" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/WorldView/WindowGlowRight.dds" Size="42,86"/>
<
Image Anchor="L,C" Offset="0,0" AnchorSide="O.I" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/WorldView/WindowGlowLeft.dds" Size="42,86"/>
</
AlphaAnim>
</
ShowOnMouseOver>
<
Image Anchor="C,T" AnchorSide="I.O" Offset="0,0" Texture="bar300x2.dds" Size="300.1"/>
</
GridButton>

<!-- 
Hiding for now until we address issues with multiplayer and modding -->
<
LuaContext FileName="Assets/UI/FrontEnd/Multiplayer/MultiplayerSelect" ID="ModMultiplayerSelectScreen" Hidden="1"/> 
(ie take out the comments)
Anyone else get mods to work in multiplayer?
Dalnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:50 AM   #5
freddyisback
Chieftain

Doesn't work for me.
freddyisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2010, 08:05 AM   #6
blazekid87
Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyisback View Post
Doesn't work for me.
I just updated the download (Can be found in the first post). The problem was that mods would deactivate whenever creating or joining rooms. I have tested the current version and it works. Just make sure all players have the same mods activated or the game will just crash.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:16 AM   #7
freddyisback
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazekid87 View Post
I just updated the download (Can be found in the first post). The problem was that mods would deactivate whenever creating or joining rooms. I have tested the current version and it works. Just make sure all players have the same mods activated or the game will just crash.
Holy crap, it worked! Thanks man

freddyisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 05:04 PM   #8
WessK
Chieftain

Sweetness

bump!!! this thread should be stickied!! this has actually made the game playable in MP, fixing a serious flaw that firaxis doesn't seem to care about.
WessK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2011, 01:28 PM   #9
Deussu
The Omniscient

Bumping for great justice. This is important.
Deussu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:12 PM   #10
Raider62
Warlord

Absolutely amazing! Everytime I think the Civ community has done their best, someone comes along and just does something truly awesome! I cant wait to try this.

I have a question, will this work with a Lan on internet program?
Raider62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:03 PM   #11
MarshalHowes
Chieftain

I couldn't get this to work me. I also tried altering my files like Dalnor suggested and that didnt work. Dalnor if your files worked could you post them please?
MarshalHowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 06:50 PM   #12
Sneaks
Brooklyn Bum

Dalnor's method probably does not fully work, as I do not believe there is backend code to actually handle the UI changes allowing mod multiplayer.
Sneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2011, 09:01 AM   #13
Stoneguard
Chieftain

It's works for me. But i get a loading menu every turn. Is that the meaning?
Stoneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2011, 06:54 PM   #14
Ddude97
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazekid87 View Post
I have created this simple mod which enables multiplayer with MODS for LAN ONLY!! It requires that you overwrite a file so make sure u create a back up. It does not affect any other aspect of the game and should work with any mod or mod combination that works in single player. If you do not wish to play with a mod, do not forget to disable it from the mod browser.

Installation:
1. Unzip File
2. Copy contents to assets/UI/Frontend/Multiplayer and overwrite any existing file.

Use:
1. Activate your mod through the browser
2. Go back to the main menu and go to multiplayer and select LAN
3. Any enabled mods from the mod browser will now be available to play online through LAN!

Please leave any comments!
Very nice, but you can't use maps
I would've very much liked to have used my map with InfoAddict in LAN
Ddude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:33 PM   #15
TheManFromMars
Chieftain

I too would like to see maps added if this is possible. I've been looking around in the LUA but have found nothing as yet that works (plenty annoyingly that looked promising but came to nothing) and I'm suspecting I just don't know enough. Perhaps if Blazekid87 could add map support that would be huge. Even if it required to activate a mod, something would be better than nothing. I just don't bother making maps anymore because they are currently not playable on LAN.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 12:57 PM   #16
Nico the stupid
Chieftain

I didn't have the "assets" folder
Nico the stupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:39 PM   #17
Ddude97
King

It in your "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v" (no quotes) folder
Ddude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:29 AM   #18
Nico the stupid
Chieftain

Thank you I works
Nico the stupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2011, 12:27 AM   #19
Feuteupool
Chieftain

Civ 1.0.1.217

Hi,

Do you know how to play MOD in lan multpiplayer with this new version ?

Thx.
Feuteupool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2011, 01:33 PM   #20
Raider62
Warlord

Im am also curious, any help out there? The game starts for us, but it doesnt seem like the mods are enabled.(they are though) Did the patch break this?
Raider62 is offline   Reply With Quote