Tradingposts - ReDesigned ! V1

poncratias

Prince
As we all think the tradingposts are really ugly and kind of immersion breaking, I started this first attempt to change them.

This are 2 modular, totally combineable mods, you can use only 1 of them or both together, just as you like.

Tradingposts - ReColored V1

All the tradingposts got recolored, nomore funky bright colors, everything seems more fitting to the rest of the game.

Tradingposts - No Tents V1

This Mod replaces all the ugly tradingposts "tents" with stone buildings.
In fact they only replace the medieval art style with the modern art style for trading posts.

This mods are only available here, because currently it's not possible to do such mods with Civ V's modding tools.

The only downside is you have to manually install them, but it's really easy (just 1 time copy&paste), you also don't have to backup anything, backup files are included!

! READ THE README !

Todo for next versions:
Spoiler :
Change the roads/grounds of the trading posts.
make the roads a bit darker, and with less endings, so less "spagetthi" style.
Next step is to make most of the tents to be wooden huts. This is possible and will be up later this weekend;)

also I will do 2 different styles, one for european and one for african style( more yellows and reds).

DOWNLOAD:

Tradingposts - ReColored

Tradingposts - No Tents

AFTER / BEFORE SCREENSHOTS:

Attachments

• med after.jpg
    med after.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 7,942
  • med before.jpg
    med before.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 6,985
  • mod after.jpg
    mod after.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 6,539
  • mod before.jpg
    mod before.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 6,053
I think you can attach pics directly to your post for hosting here at Civfanatics. Those imageshack pics took me 5 minutes of ad loading before I could see the pic.

It's a step in the right direction. Without all of the blue, yellow, and red, I can pretend these trading posts are towns...

Definitively gonna use this, thx! :thumbsup:

What are your plans for the ground/roads? What is possible?

Plans are to make the roads a bit darker, and with less endings, so less "spagetthi" style.
Next step is to make most of the tents to be wooden huts. This is possible and will be up later this weekend;)

also I will do 2 different styles, one for european and one for african style( more yellows and reds).

Thx guys!

Big plans are on the way, if everythings works out, we might soon have something similar to cottages&towns from civ Iv back instead of tradingposts!
Update to this mod here has to be delayed, got too much to do in my life this week, I hope it get's finished next weekend, sorry for that.

@jpinard
thx:)
Photoshop with nvidia dds plugin!

The same thing can probably be done with Gimp or even Paint.net with the proper plugins, Jpinard.

Excellent trading posts these, but I want real villages.

There's some weird stuff added t Civ5. The stupid trading posts is only one of them, but some of the town buildings are weird too. Circuses for an example. What's up with that? How many towns in history have ever built such nonsense and considered it of world historical importance? I can't understand why utter useless crap like that is added while other proper, historical stuff was cut out of Civilization. We get Temples instead of Cathedrals and weirdness like that. Ugh!

Excellent mod... Makes a hell of a difference to the look.

Has anyone gotten this mod to work with the DX10/11 version of the game? I don't seem to have the files/directories specified in the read me file...

Yep works fine Bleser.. Not sure what you mean..do you not have the folder?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\resource

DX9 is in there and everyone has it no matter what version of the game they play..

Yep works fine Bleser.. Not sure what you mean..do you not have the folder?

My apologies, not sure if I had an older version of the download or what, but I tried again last night and everything is working great. Thanks again!

They look great. Really need to download this asap. Good work.

I think the roads on the ancient version could use some tidying up though, its something I really disliked about them because they become too repetitive- whereas the modern ones look tidy and organized. I think the ancient one's should be a bit more subtle.

There's some weird stuff added t Civ5. The stupid trading posts is only one of them, but some of the town buildings are weird too. Circuses for an example. What's up with that? How many towns in history have ever built such nonsense and considered it of world historical importance? I can't understand why utter useless crap like that is added while other proper, historical stuff was cut out of Civilization. We get Temples instead of Cathedrals and weirdness like that. Ugh!

The Romans were pretty fond of circuses. ;)
As on temples vs cathedrals, the former was the "basic" place of worship in many religions. As for the latter, the cathedrals are represented by several world wonders like the Notre Dame, Hagia Sofia, and Sistine Chapel.

Top Bottom