[FIXED] City-State Bug: Friendly CS declares war after liberation

JohnRM

Don't make me destroy you
Playing a game. Just liberated Belgrade from Egypt. Have "friend" status with Belgrade. They immediately declared war on me. WTF?!!

Were you at war with any nations as well as Egypt? Belgrade would declare war on you if they were allied to a nation you were at war with.

Hello
I post a save file with the same thing as described by the original poster.
All you have to do is take the gunship in Shanghai and liberate Helsinki from Germany: Helsinki is immediately allied with Germany and declare war on Japan.
Germany and Japan(me) are the only remaining civs.
Still Helsinki will vote for me at the UN.

Is it the result of the diplomatic status preceding the acquisition of Helsinki by Germany ? I can't remember that status it was hundred of turns before.

Attachments

• bugornotbug.7z
    623.1 KB · Views: 167
I don't have a save, but this happened to me as well.

Russia had been allies with Monaco. Mongolia captured Monaco, then Russia declared war on Mongolia and captured Monaco but did not liberate it. Fast forward 100 years, I declare war on Russia and liberate Monaco, I achieve more then enough influence to be allies, however Monaco reverts to being allies with Russia and declares war on me despite that I A.) liberated them, and B.) we're currently listed as Friends!

Needless to say, I retook Monaco and replaced their schizophrenic leaders with my own puppets. :crazyeye:

Opened the file and confirm that Helsinki declares war when you liberate it. This situation was mentioned in another thread, but that thread was mainly about CSs being allied to eliminated civs. I'll mark this as a separate bug in the list. Also noted: When you liberate Helsinki, you get lots of popup messages on the right of the screen that make no sense. Screenshots attached.

Thanks for posting the save file!

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

Attachments

• Who declared war.jpg
    Who declared war.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Edinburgh declared war on whom.jpg
    Edinburgh declared war on whom.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 184
Top Bottom