Up for an Obis Succession Game?

mcwill123

Pretender to the Throne
Hey there! Is anyone up for an Orbis succession game? In case you don't know what a succession game is, it means all of us would be playing the same civilization. I take 10 turns, you take 10 the next guy takes 10. One person per day. We make major decisions as a group in the thread. Post screens shots and keep the others updated on what is going on. We could just post the saves here and that way lurkers could load them and check it out. I'd like to try 6 players and could certainly use a couple alternates for covering vacations and the like. I'd like to play a random civilization. Whatever difficulty is average for the group. Or maybe a level above that since we would be running this by committee. I'd like to keep it simple as far as options, but if there is something that everyone wants let's go for it. Please post here and let me know if you are interested.

Playing order:
1. Old_Lion
2. mcwill123
3. onemoreturnmike
4. Jarrema
5. Lgaard

I will think about it. I never played succession game before, so I am not sure.

Count me in.
I always wanted to try this.

I'm not sure about my writing skills (or sadly, I'm pretty sure),
but I'll try and put many pictures

Count me in.
I always wanted to try this.

I'm not sure about my writing skills (or sadly, I'm pretty sure),
but I'll try and put many pictures

Cool! I was thinking 10 turns might be a lot later in the game. Maybe after the first round or two we will want to go to 5.

Cool! I was thinking 10 turns might be a lot later in the game. Maybe after the first round or two we will want to go to 5.

Sounds reasonable, and can always be modified along the way.
I also suggest stopping at every important event/decision.

I suggest an higher difficulty since we collectively should be better than alone.

The save should be available to everyone in this thread.
Let's have a rooster (more or less 5 players.)
The player who has to play should have something like 48 hours to acknowledge his taking the game and another 48 hours to play it and report.
If one is not here, next player in rooster takes the game after 48 hours (or immediately if warned beforehand, as should be)

Does that sound sensible ?

Question/proposition :
Do we have an assigned aim ? (I vote : not beforehand, but we have to choose soon enough our victory objective)
Do we play according to the civilization background and flavour (I vote : Yes)
Do we have any self imposed restrictions ? (I vote : not this time)

any comment ?
(and pardon my English, I'm not always certain I use the right word and I don't double check)

Sounds reasonable, and can always be modified along the way.
I also suggest stopping at every important event/decision.

I suggest an higher difficulty since we collectively should be better than alone.

The save should be available to everyone in this thread.
The player who has to play should have something like 48 hours to acknowledge his taking the game and another 48 hours to play it and report.
If one is not here, next player in rooster takes the game after 48 hours (or immediately if warned beforehand, as should be)

Does that sound sensible ?

Question/proposition :
Do we have an assigned aim ? (I vote : not beforehand, but we have to choose soon enough our victory objective)
Do we play according to the civilization background and flavour (I vote : Yes)
Do we have any self imposed restrictions ? (I vote : not this time)

any comment ?
(and pardon my English, I'm not always certain I use the right word and I don't double check)

It all sounds good to me, but let's not make any decisions until we have everyone.
Your English is much better than you give yourself credit for. I would be quite willing to start even if we only have 3. Two seems a bit pointless and if we start with less than say 5-6 we could always add more later.

Id be up for this..itd help me learn from more experienced players as well as play Orbis...which is always a plus :D

One could call that a spelling error or typo, but I'd rather call it a cock-up.

Yeah... that's all I've got to contribute.

He's French. Let's cut him some slack.

You seem to think there was some criticism behind my comment, but I assure you I was not attempting to count coop.

It's just a word-play thing. In replying you're actually sort of egging me on, but I can't think of any other chicken-references. Normally I'd be tempted to comb through a dictionary seeking any other so-called jokes I might pullet out of my ass. But it wouldn't be pheasant.

And in my defense it's only appropriate to approach a Frenchman with chicken-jokes. If you asked a bunch of chickens "What family are you part of?" I'm sure they'd answer right back "Gaul, us!" Many would feel so strongly they'd even say it twice*.

(It just occurred to me that I could claim I'm not posting more just to avoid putting you in a "fowl" mood - get it? But that'd be too obvious. And, anyway, I don't want you brooding about this.)

Spoiler :
The domestic chicken is classified as "Gallus gallus". Pretty obscure. If you got it already you're probably a Biology genus.

Maybe I would try?
But my english is certainly worse than OldLion's.

His Question/proposition :
Do we have an assigned aim ? (my vote: it depends on civilization chosen/randomized)
Do we play according to the civilization background and flavour (my vote: completely)
Do we have any self imposed restrictions ? (only fully sticking to flavour and good role-playing; so for example not adapting 'non thematical' religions)

Maybe I would try?
But my english is certainly worse than OldLion's.

His Question/proposition :
Do we have an assigned aim ? (my vote: it depends on civilization chosen/randomized)
Do we play according to the civilization background and flavour (my vote: completely)
Do we have any self imposed restrictions ? (only fully sticking to flavour and good role-playing; so for example not adapting 'non thematical' religions)

You'll be fine. We don't need story telling as much as we need communication. Are you in then?

yup, I am

EDIT: of course if you want it, we will play random civilization. But I would prefer to vote for it, as I would like to play a civ with a strong conviction (like Sheaim for example), and NOT Bannor (I just hate them now, after and during playing as them in a PBEM game)

yup, I am

EDIT: of course if you want it, we will play random civilization. But I would prefer to vote for it, as I would like to play a civ with a strong conviction (like Sheaim for example), and NOT Bannor (I just hate them now, after and during playing as them in a PBEM game)

Well I'm thinking everyone would vote for a different civ. :) Perhaps we could consider giving each player one veto of the random civ. Personally, I really really don't want to play Doviello.

Veto voice would be a great idea. I had stronger opinion about whom I would not like to play than about whom I will like...
and I believe that other persons could feel similar
So, if it would be accepted, I will vote against Bannor

Hey,
About gallus gallus and french rooster and such :
I'm rolling on the floor laughing about that.

As soon as I have access to imageshack in a satisfactory way, I'll illustrate what comes to my mind about that.
+
It is totally obvious to me what the relationship between gallus gallus and France is. I did not understand whether your qualifying it obscure was first degree.
+

I'd like to play emperor at least and I agree about having a strong flavour civ.

ahh
forget to mention
I would like to play emperor, and I will like to have some "challenges", like end of winter or AI no building reqiurements, and if possible I would prefer to play Erebus Continents with Full flavor and Override Climate selection options on :)
And map not larger than large, so my computer can handle this

Im ok playing almost any civ, Cant think of any Id veto....

The rooster is a symbol that is the pride of the French. It seems that it is the only bird that can sing with their feet in the sh.it

Jean Cocteau said:
"What is France, I ask you?
A cock on a dunghill. Take away the manure, the rooster dies. "

Well, I'm french, and I think it says it all.
feet in manure, but bright colors. And what a voice !

Right now we have four players. I'd like to wait until about this time tomorrow and accept up to 6 total. Then we can talk a bit about options. We should be able to start by Friday or Saturday. OK?

Top Bottom