Medical Corps

elistor

Warlord
Medical Corps
Adds a Medic/Healer to each Era for land and two total for sea. Nine new units and one new tile improvement in all. No New Graphics.

New Land Units:
All Medic units are able to build a Healers camp as well as repair damaged improvements.

Ancient Era - Medicine Man - Biped
A Medicine Man heals units in its own tile for 2 per turn.

Classical Era - Physician - Biped
The Physician heals units in its own tile for 3 per turn.

Medieval Era - Doctor - Mounted
A Doctor heals units in its own tile for 3 per turn. Has an increased movement of 3.

Renaissance Era - Surgeon - Mounted
A Surgeon heals units in its own tile for 3 as well as adjacent tiles for 1 per turn. Has a movement of 3.

Industrial Era - Combat Medic - Wheeled
A Combat Medic heals units in its own tile for 3 as well as adjacent tiles for 2 per turn. Has an increased movement of 4.

Modern Era - MedEvac - Hovering
A MedEvac heals units in both its own tile for 3 as well as adjacent tiles for 2 per turn. Has an increased movement of 5, and is able to cross impassable terrain.

Future Era - Nanotech Healer - Hovering
A Nanotech Healer heals units in its own tile for 4 as well as adjacent tiles for 2 per turn. Has an increased movement of 6, is able to cross impassable terrain, and May “paradrop” up to five tiles away from friendly territory.

New Sea Units:

Medieval Era - Carpenter Ship - Sail
A Carpenter Ship heals units in both its own tile for 3 as well as adjacent tiles for 1 per turn. Has a movement of 4.

Modern Era - Floating Drydock - Powered
HA Floating DrydocK heals units in both its own tile for 3 as well as adjacent tiles for 2 per turn. Has a movement of 6.

New Tile Improvements:
Can only be built by Medic units.

Healers Camp
A hasty encampment erected to defend wounded units.
+15% [ICON_STRENGTH] Defensive Strength for any Unit stationed in this Tile.

Beta5 -
  • Corrected Floating drydock's prereqtech
  • Reduced the cost of all units by ~10%
  • Added custom unit flag art courtesy of Gazebo

Beta4 -
  • Smoothed out the healing curve and lowered the end result, at the best a single healer will heal his tile for 4 and all adjacent tiles for 2.

Beta3 -
  • Fixed the issues causing the AI to spam healers(For real this time each player is limited too 5 of each type of unit for now.

Beta2 -
  • Fixed the issues causing the AI to spam healers
  • Fixed the issue causing the Healers camp to not have a visible graphic. Also made them quicker to build but less of a defense bonus (15% now)

Attachments

• Medical Corps (v 1).civ5mod
    8.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Medical Corps (v 2).civ5mod
    8.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Medical Corps (v 3).civ5mod
    8.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Medical Corps (v 4).civ5mod
    8.5 KB · Views: 247
  • Medical Corps (v 5).civ5mod
    11.9 KB · Views: 2,664
The AI spams the medical units to the point where civilian units have problems moving through their own territory.

I would suggest limiting the number of medical units that can be built. The Healer's Camp shouldn't have a defensive modifier in the first place. Doesn't help that it has no improvement graphic on map so players can't even see it.

The AI spams the medical units to the point where civilian units have problems moving through their own territory.

I would suggest limiting the number of medical units that can be built. The Healer's Camp shouldn't have a defensive modifier in the first place. Doesn't help that it has no improvement graphic on map so players can't even see it.

The healer spam was me releasing the wrong version, i bumped up the flavor on them so i could see what the various leaders would do with them and apparently uploaded the wrong build. I'll fix that when i get home. The healers hut should be using the barbarian camp graphic and unfortunately I must have gotten paste happy and replaced it. It's fixed now but I'm not on a PC with Civ installed so that will get fixed when i get home.

As for limiting the number I'd love to but other than introducing a new resource and then giving access to said resource via a building.... I can't figure a way to do it. Though as I said correcting the favor error should fix the over abundance (it was set to 60 so it would be the only priority they would have till MUCH later in the game).

Isn't more than additional point of healing a bit too much? I mean, the health points of the units are the same - 10 in all eras. Healing a unit with half health in a single turn is a bit too much, IMO. Healing 1 point per turn in any are should be enough, or it's just a steamroll with three units over the map.

Beta2 -
  • Fixed the issues causing the AI to spam healers
  • Fixed the issue causing the Healers camp to not have a visible graphic. Also made them quicker to build but less of a defense bonus (15% now)

Isn't more than additional point of healing a bit too much? I mean, the health points of the units are the same - 10 in all eras. Healing a unit with half health in a single turn is a bit too much, IMO. Healing 1 point per turn in any are should be enough, or it's just a steamroll with three units over the map.

Actually it's the AOE heals that look like they may be too much. If I leave the units expensive to build and make them only heal the unit on the same tile as them then I think it may be okay but I want to play it out a bit more to be sure.

The healer spam was me releasing the wrong version, i bumped up the flavor on them so i could see what the various leaders would do with them and apparently uploaded the wrong build. I'll fix that when i get home. The healers hut should be using the barbarian camp graphic and unfortunately I must have gotten paste happy and replaced it. It's fixed now but I'm not on a PC with Civ installed so that will get fixed when i get home.

As for limiting the number I'd love to but other than introducing a new resource and then giving access to said resource via a building.... I can't figure a way to do it. Though as I said correcting the favor error should fix the over abundance (it was set to 60 so it would be the only priority they would have till MUCH later in the game).

You should look at the code in the City State Diplomacy mod. He limited the number of diplomatic units that can be built without having to resort to using resources.

You should look at the code in the City State Diplomacy mod. He limited the number of diplomatic units that can be built without having to resort to using resources.

Really? Cool I'll give the code a look, thanks this will help with a few other mods I was thinking of doing including the privateers one that I was going to introduce a new resource with(Letters of Marquee, generated by buildings only).

EDIT: Well that was stupidly easy, it's under unitclasses and not under the units themselves, figures.

EDIT EDIT:

Beta3 -
  • Fixed the issues causing the AI to spam healers(For real this time each player is limited too 5 of each type of unit for now.

I'm thinking about making the units cheaper to build but requiring a specific building before they can be built in any given city. Any thoughts?

Hallo,

My suggestions are to totally rebuild this.

1) Ancient Era - up to Medival Era:
Single Unit: +1 HP per turn in it's tile

Cannot build any buildings

2) Medival Era up to Futuer
Unit may change between eras and may give different bonuses between era (basically as it is right now) but only in it's own tile.

When fortified creates a Healer Camp which gives +x HP (depending on era) in current and adjacent tiles, but -15% to defense as hospitalized units are worse in defense than the normal ones (and HP comes with price)

Hallo,

My suggestions are to totally rebuild this.

1) Ancient Era - up to Medival Era:
Single Unit: +1 HP per turn in it's tile
Cannot build any buildings
This would be WORSE than any unit with the medic promotion and thus make the unit pointless. I do agree the masive AOE heals are too much since my last game I used 3 to prop up a single unit against two other civ's incoming hordes. So I'll probably be droping the AOE heal to the standard medic heal and have the steady increase be same tile only.

2) Medival Era up to Futuer
Unit may change between eras and may give different bonuses between era (basically as it is right now) but only in it's own tile.
See above.

When fortified creates a Healer Camp which gives +x HP (depending on era) in current and adjacent tiles, but -15% to defense as hospitalized units are worse in defense than the normal ones (and HP comes with price)
The fortification bonus is supposed to represent the healers own guards suplementing the units defense as well as entrenchment, it's not going to bring a severly wounded unit up to 100% defense but it may give it just enough to survive anohter round so the heling effect can kick in. It's also not like you the healer cn instantly build there camp so unless you spam them you are unlickly to have many and if your willing to spam them then your just a willing to spam forts with a better def.

Beta4 -
  • Smoothed out the healing curve and lowered the end result, at the best a single healer will heal his tile for 4 and all adjacent tiles for 2.

Perhaps somebody could design a special flag for the them ?

Something like a cross or a caduceus.

Perhaps somebody could design a special flag for the them ?

Something like a cross or a caduceus.

That would be nice, unfortunatly I have the art skills of an enraged wolverine. That and when I read Kaels guide most of what he said concerning making art was gibberish to me, though I have installed GIMP and the DDS plugin so maybe it wil magicly become less gibberish if I beat my head against it hard enough. :D

That would be nice, unfortunatly I have the art skills of an enraged wolverine. That and when I read Kaels guide most of what he said concerning making art was gibberish to me, though I have installed GIMP and the DDS plugin so maybe it wil magicly become less gibberish if I beat my head against it hard enough. :D

Elistor feel free to borrow the art from my medic/healer mod if you want. I have a cross for one (courtesy War Chicken) and a caduceus for the other.

Keep in mind, though, that custom art breaks the strategic view icons.

Elistor feel free to borrow the art from my medic/healer mod if you want. I have a cross for one (courtesy War Chicken) and a caduceus for the other.

Keep in mind, though, that custom art breaks the strategic view icons.

Thanks! I knew folks had them out there I just don't like "borrowing" other folks work without asking and hadn't really planned on doing any art for my mods. Then ELChucko came along and did some great flag art for my other mod so since If did it for one I should do it for the other I guess. :)

Also I figure the statigic view being broken is due the the fact that you have to add the <UnitFlagAtlas> it's breaking the default path for tflag art, so i figure there is probably and <UnitStratigicFlagAtlas> that wasn't documented or that there is something int he DDS, though now htat i think about it the two DLC's should hae given allthe info we would need(assuming the DLC UU's aren't broken). Hmm.

Thanks! I knew folks had them out there I just don't like "borrowing" other folks work without asking and hadn't really planned on doing any art for my mods. Then ELChucko came along and did some great flag art for my other mod so since If did it for one I should do it for the other I guess. :)

Also I figure the statigic view being broken is due the the fact that you have to add the <UnitFlagAtlas> it's breaking the default path for tflag art, so i figure there is probably and <UnitStratigicFlagAtlas> that wasn't documented or that there is something int he DDS, though now htat i think about it the two DLC's should hae given allthe info we would need(assuming the DLC UU's aren't broken). Hmm.

I've extensively investigated this (as have others), and the conclusions are that a.) we can't add SV icons right now and b.) Firxais 'cheats' when they add DLC because they can mod the core files.

See this thread for details: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=395223

I also noticed that the city states build them as well but have trouble moving them. I would recover them for them from barbarians and they will just sit there. They will also sit just in the city and the city state will never build workers. Anyone else have this problem?

Top Bottom