Forestation Mod (Create Forest job for workers)

rezaf

Warlord
This was supposed to become a terraforming mod, but I abandoned it due to zero interest.

Also, wrong forum - some mod, please delete this thread.
Thanks.

Edit: Since there seems to be some basic interest in this after all (and no mod seems to be willing to delete this thread for good or at least move it to the correct forum) I'll re-up the basic file to this post for people to try and mess around with themselves. This will probably take a week or so, since I'm currently away from home and don't have access to my gaming comp on which I developed the mod. Also, it's really just a re-forestation mod. Adding support for jungles would be trivial, I presume, but supporting any type of "hard terrain" change will require a function call which can redraw the map (and no such call seems to be available as of now). You CAN easily make the mod change Desert to Plains or something, but those Plains will (while working like Plains and bringing up a Plains tooltip) still look like a Desert until you save the game and then load that save.
I've personally stopped playing/modding Civ5 since the game's stability strangely has suffered greatly from the latest patch on my rig and since I'm disappointed by the lack of moddability support Civ5 provides. I'll bump this thread when I had a chance to up the file.

Edit: Upped the file.
_____
rezaf

Attachments

• ForestationMod.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 403
no interest ? a pity ! because I, at least, would be interested by terraforming.. and the Procyclon's project would also be interested..:sad:

I always like the idea of terraforming, but it's hard to balance. And in the scope of "winning", balancing it would make it unfeasible since it would only become available in the modern era and would take a lot of worker turns.

But if you play more casually, it can be fun to have such tools at your disposal.

I always like the idea of terraforming, but it's hard to balance. And in the scope of "winning", balancing it would make it unfeasible since it would only become available in the modern era and would take a lot of worker turns.

But if you play more casually, it can be fun to have such tools at your disposal.

Humans have been terraforming since the invention of agriculture. Also, consider Cohokia, the largest man-made hill in N. America, and was built 1600 years ago.

Reforestation should be able to happen in any era, if you're willing to commit a worker to building it.

do you know where I can find what feature types you can make a worker build, if anyone does I can probably make a terraforming mod of sorts

Top Bottom