Patch 1.0.0.62 - QuickLoad (or F12 itself) not working

PinkHammurabi

Warlord
Since the patch this morning I haven't been able to load via F12. F11 works just fine but there is no response for F12 or any indication I've pressed the key. I've done only incredibly basic manipulation of game files and I'm not sure if the allocation of QuickLoad to F12 was messed up in the process or what, since I'm not sure where that's located.

If anyone has any useful advice I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks.

For what it's worth I did a search but didn't find anything pertaining to this, so if I missed it and created an unnecessary topic, my apologies.

Since the patch this morning I haven't been able to load via F12. F11 works just fine but there is no response for F12 or any indication I've pressed the key. I've done only incredibly basic manipulation of game files and I'm not sure if the allocation of QuickLoad to F12 was messed up in the process or what, since I'm not sure where that's located.

If anyone has any useful advice I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks.

For what it's worth I did a search but didn't find anything pertaining to this, so if I missed it and created an unnecessary topic, my apologies.
Hmmm, I've had that ever since I got Civ5...
Thought that it wasn't a bug since I have the F12 assigned as in-game overlay! And therefore it doesn't load game by default.

But it turns out to be a bug after all! :lol:

Confirmed.

F12 does not work as a quickload function. F11 as quicksave does appear to work just fine.

Moderator Action: Moved to Confirmed Bugs and listed.

Hey, guys, it's still unclear for me did it work in 1.0.0.20 or not?
At least for me it didn't, for the reason above!

Hmm, I just had a thought.

It's likely they've disabled quickload on purpose. Because it was situated beside the quicksave key, it was probably causing more nuisance than good. Also, is a quickload function even necessary? Quicksave makes a fair bit of sense, but rarely do you need a way to load the game faster than simply using the load screen.

Even quicksave isn't really needed. Pressing Ctrl+S followed by Enter saves the game very quickly, althought it saves a unique file that won't be overwritten next time you quicksave (that's the main advantage of quicksave I suppose? -you don't end up with a bloated saves directory)

Even quicksave isn't really needed. Pressing Ctrl+S followed by Enter saves the game very quickly, althought it saves a unique file that won't be overwritten next time you quicksave (that's the main advantage of quicksave I suppose? -you don't end up with a bloated saves directory)
When I usually play Civ4 I end up saving quite often. Ending up with 100+ saves per game.
In Civ5 I made it autosave every 5th turn, max autosaves being 1000 :D

And I agree that quickload doesn't suit Civilization. Usually I have newer save somewhere, so I load that one instead of quickload.

KB_F12 appears to be still be getting initialized properly in Civ5Controls.xml. I suspect they just commented out the QUICK_LOAD functionality completely instead of removing the key. They could at least tell us these things in the patch notes...

Not that I miss it. I quick-save all the time, but never used quick-load.

Thanks to Pink Hammurabi for original post. I was curious as well the fate of F12, one day it stopped, and initially I thought somehow I changed it or a mod messed with it. A small little patch note would of helped as said above, but not a huge deal. :cheers::.

Top Bottom