Housecarl (Medieval Scandinavian Soldier)

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
Housecarl unit which is crying out to used as a Viking/Scandinavian Unique Unit.

This unit has been converted from the Civ 4 Mod Total Realism.

Credit goes to the original artists Bakuel and Walter Hawkwood.

Thanks to lemmy101 and CaptainBinky for the mod tools that have made this possible.

Notes
1. The animation is a little bit rough in places since the animation codes between Civ4 and Civ5 are not one-to-one and I had to guess what would be a good substitute in several cases. Overall it's not too bad though.

To install the test mod unzip it to your My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder then it should be available from your mod browser.

Download Here

Attachments

• hc_final1.jpg
    hc_final1.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 16,656
  • hc_final2.jpg
    hc_final2.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 19,698
This looks really nice! Although this unit is extremely useless for my personal mod...

...are there any units from Total Realism that would resemble...say a Classical Heavy Cavalry? Or a Japanese Heavy Archer?

Yes, this needs to be the Viking UU for the Extra Civs Mod Pack

The body is mostly from my Viking Middle Age Unit Pack. The excellent shield textures are of course Walter Hawkwood's work, the head Total Realism artist.

It's nice to see that civ4 graphics can be used in civ5.:D

The body is mostly from my Viking Middle Age Unit Pack. The excellent shield textures are of course Walter Hawkwood's work, the head Total Realism artist.

It's nice to see that civ4 graphics can be used in civ5.:D

Thanks I've credited you and WH. Yep, civ 4 to civ 5 conversion is a go. Most of the work is actually in cleaning and preparing the NIF before exporting it to FBX. The rest is just repetitive.

Awesome! This will definitely be the start of a gerat era of Civ5 mods!

I especially love the diversity in this unit set. Different shields and hair? Wow!

I especially love the diversity in this unit set. Different shields and hair? Wow!

That's one of the good things about sourcing stuff from Total Realism it was one of the few mods to have created model and texture variants for use within a single unit. Pretty useful for Civ 5. 7 copies of the same unit would be pretty dull.

There'll be more conversions from Total Realism in not too distant future I hope...

Excellent work.. Well done. Really looking forward to the full mods and scenarios with new units..

Very nice folks !

If someone wants to start making Sengoku (Japanese, samurai) period units... I would fully incorporate them into my mod-in-progress... archers, pikemen, mounted samurai, peasants, muskets...

Yay! Nice unit. Did you change to texture at all?
Now all I need is for someone to start making Pike and Shot units.....

Did you change to texture at all?

Only the hair colours so that they aren't all blond. The rest of the texture is unchanged.

Zen Blade said:
If someone wants to start making Sengoku (Japanese, samurai) period units... I would fully incorporate them into my mod-in-progress... archers, pikemen, mounted samurai, peasants, muskets...

There's some quality stuff available to choose from there. I'd probably start with danrell's most recent Japanese set.

Now that there is a tutorial on how to convert units, hopefully others can take up the challenge.

Top Bottom