1900 AD - XX Century World map ( WW1-WW2 )

MaxRiga

Emperor

You can play as one of biggest superpowers on huge world map with realistic geographical borders at this time. All superpowers are also technological and military balanced for 1900 AD. Well, if you can hold your self in WW1 and WW2 then prepare for space race!

Scenario Installation details -
1- download file and unzip ( 1900AD-World.Civ5Map ) to (user)/my documents/my games/civ5/maps folder
2- launch you civ5 - go to mods ( accept )- single player - set up game - click on earth and find "1900 AD WW1 WW2" map - check in "Load Scenario"
3- take any of Civilizations and "Start Scenario"

Time mode Installation details -

Installation -

1- unzip "Scenarios Game Speed.zip" into - C: /// My Documents/ My Games/ CIV5 / MODS
2- launch CIV5, go to MODS / Browse MOD and check in - Scenarios Game Speed
3- go back to single player ( in MODS ) - set up game - click on earth and find "1900 or 1939" map - check in "Load Scenario", take any of Civilizations and "Start Scenario"

Current version - 3

Attachments

• asia.JPG
    asia.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 9,928
  • europe.JPG
    europe.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 7,413
  • usa.JPG
    usa.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 6,867
  • Scenarios Game Speed.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 10,298
  • 1900AD-World.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 3,545
I looked at screenshots and found "lost angeles":confused::confused: I will try this mod tomorrow.

It isn't a Dupe thread.

This is a world map. The other is just European. ;)

Interesting map. I would have given Germany (or at least Vienna) some coal though.
The challenge is that the European powers, minus Russia, are all in need of oil (and the offshore oil cannot be used until late game).
Anyone have any after action reports on this scenario?

Should not Harbin belong to Chine or be a city state? I think Japanese influence started after the war between Japan and Russia 1905 and was total in 1931 with an invasion. As of 1900 is seems wrong.

It is wrong. Japan should have a Korean city, and Harbin should either belong to Russia or China, depending on your point of view.

Just see it as an abstraction for Japanese presence in Korea and Manchuria, having a city in Korea would be to close to Osaka (which should be renamed Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Fukuoka, Kagoshima or whatever, but not Osaka...).

I like the scenario a lot, the map and setup is great, there is room for conquest and expansion, BUT,
  • there are to many resources, it's to easy for some countries to just live in complete autarcy, and after a point, trade is just useless (as is expansion too !).
  • Some resources are just ridiculous : there's ivory, silk and marble all over the US, and there is no cotton nor sugar (same thing in the Caribbeans, it's got dyes...).
    This plus the above point means you should focus on rarefying some resources, so that luxury resources become scarce and valuable.
  • Maybe a good thing in light of the above, but I haven't seen city states building workers and improving resources tiles.
  • Maybe rename English Empire to British Empire.
  • Japan should be buffed up, with more land and more growth and productivity bonus : it was a major country even without continental support or city states. Maybe giving a few more fishing grounds and a Statue of Liberty to represent high Japanese productivity in such small land...
  • I think France should control a little bit more of the Rhein's left bank, maybe creating a Strasbourg city will solve this : whoever of the German or the French controls this city controls the Rhein (but then move Berlin and Hamburg east.)
  • Suez and Panama canals should be cities
Please update the scenario, it's great but this resource problem is bringing it down.

there are to many resources, it's to easy for some countries to just live in complete autarcy, and after a point, trade is just useless (as is expansion too !).Some resources are just ridiculous : there's ivory, silk and marble all over the US, and there is no cotton nor sugar (same thing in the Caribbeans, it's got dyes...).

I don't know how to "fix" it -

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=393870

should be renamed Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Fukuoka, Kagoshima or whatever, but not Osaka...).

it's renamed for the next update! :)

Maybe a good thing in light of the above, but I haven't seen city states building workers and improving resources tiles.

I've noticed it too. I donno why it's happening.

Have you tried messing with the options under the Misc. Tab? There's one called "randomize resources" which may be the problem.

ouch ... how could I miss this one !? :)))

I noticed this when messing around with the WW1 Europe map. I was wondering why it seems you had a ton of cattle, wheat, and whatnot all over the map with Trading posts or other strange improvements build over them. :lol:

Top Bottom