Puppet city not producing anything

glaivemaster

Prince
I'm not sure how long this bug has been around for, but I haven't seen anything posted about it (sorry if something already has), and my friend has seen it before the current patches.

The puppet city of Memphis (centre screen on load) only has a lighthouse and a harbor in it, and yet refuses to produce any more buildings. It's been like this for a few turns and if you continue to press enter (nothing much is going on, so it really is just enter-enter-enter) you'll notice that it continues to produce nothing.

If you annex the city then it immediately starts building a settler; no 'choose production' or anything. Is this maybe a problem that the puppet wants to be building a settler but can't? I don't know, but it seems an odd bug, and I wonder if no-one else has seen it before

Attachments

• Nebuchadnezzar bug.Civ5Save
    732.3 KB · Views: 325
I was recently playing a game where I was going for the "quick communism" stratergy (research nothing but prerequisits to Biology, spend no culture points, enter the industrial early and use reserved culture points to unlock communism, giving +5 production in all cities) when I came across a bug. When you annex in the early game (no currency or education techs) and the AI controling the city runs out of structures to build and doesn't have the ability to convert production in to wealth or research, it doesn't produce anything. Since you can't control anything in the city (to lower the production yield), you end up losing quite alot of production while getting nothing in return but a hyped-up-on-maintainance-cost city.

What can or shall be done?

Well I don't have an autosave that goes far back enough and I ended up annexing the city, so I'll just attach the current one... I had alot of mods activated, just to tell you... even though I should've probably done that before...

Attachments

• Game.Civ5Save
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 245
Bug confirmed from the save file in the original post.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

This just happened to me, looks like it hasn't been fixed yet. Don't know if it will help identify the cause, but one of my autosaves was the turn before the Monument finishes building in Osaka (puppet), afterwards it builds nothing.

The screen shots show if that when I played on for a few turns, the city increasing in population and learning a new technology don't trigger the governor to build any new buildings, even though others (Library, Barracks etc are available).

Attachments

• bug1.jpg
    bug1.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 662
  • bug2.jpg
    bug2.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 498
  • Puppet production pre-bug.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 262
Hello,

I just wanted to add, that the problem still exists in the recent patch (1.0.1.217)! My puppet just doesn't build anything. Its production queue is completely empty. It doesn't even produce Gold or Research. When I annex it though, I can see that it could build a temple.

Edit: However, when I ran into happiness problems, it started to build a theater and continued as usual afterwards. Maybe it's not a bug but a feature? :lol:

hi, same here, puppet city doesnt produce things, v217 here.

Ok i reloaded and managed to avoid the bug. Things i did: Entering the city with a unit causes it to end its turn usually, and the game switches focus to the next unit. While at the same time showing the city dialog whether to annex or puppet the city. I made sure that the annexing unit was last in game turn, game didnt switch to another unit, stayed focused on the city and it started producing things normally after the unrest period.

Could you please post a current save created on a latest patch? We'll take a look and see what's happening.

Forum attachments seem to be broken, i uploaded it on external file storage site. click
There are 3 saves of the same game. 1 is when the unit is about to enter the city. Second is 1 turn before the city goes back to normal. And 3 when a city is back to normal, and not producing anything.

.348 and it's still here.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0564 AD-1320.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 155
Ok, the plot thickens.

Turn 575 - Kyoto starts building Granary.

Turn 594 - Now Osaka stops production.

Is this intentional?

Attachments

• Gandhi_0575 AD-1360.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 233
  • Gandhi_0594 AD-1398.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 207
I think I may have shed some light on what causes this, it seems to only happen with puppet cities that were city states for me. I also they will actually start producing later if you let it go for a while and research new techs. The two city states I conquered retained their city state traits of militaristic and only built improvements in the city such as walls etc. They had completely stopped building for about 9 turns or so until i researched chivalry upon which they began building castles. So I think the issue is that they are just stuck with their old city state traits somehow.

Just happened to me too.

Start of game, just annexed the second capital (have killed two opponents that only had 1 city), it automatically produced a monument, wont produce anything after that.

I havent had any conflict with city states

Top Bottom