A lake-tile is not a water-tile?

Mad Hab

Warlord
I am currently playing with the Aztecs. Found a city in a spot bordering a fresh-watered lake and a salt-watered coast.

There I built a Chinampa and every lake tile started producing 4 food. Then I built a lighthouse, that stated "+1 food in every water tile". The coast tiles started producing 2 food (the original 1 + the lighthouse 1), but the fresh-water lakes continued to produce 4 food. Shouldn't they produce 5 (original 2 + chinampa 2 + lighthouse 1) instead? Or lake tiles aren't considered water tiles?

Cheers!

Mad Hab

Chinampa??? :confused:
That's not a building in my civ5 version.

A lighthouse does give +1 food for a lake.

Chinampa is apparently the authentic name for the Aztec UB Floating Gardens.

@Mad Hab - Please post a save file. Thanks!

I would think that this would be intentional. Other than the Great Lakes, who uses a lighthouse to aid navagation for a lake? If there is a bug it is that the description should say 'ocean tile' instead of 'water tile'.

Given that the Aztec's captical city (now known as Mexico City) was built in the middle of a lake, it does make sense that their special building would work on lake tiles.

I would think that this would be intentional. Other than the Great Lakes, who uses a lighthouse to aid navagation for a lake? If there is a bug it is that the description should say 'ocean tile' instead of 'water tile'.

Given that the Aztec's captical city (now known as Mexico City) was built in the middle of a lake, it does make sense that their special building would work on lake tiles.

In CIV4 it did. In any case this isn't about realism but food boost. Lakes are supposed to be rivers' ugly step sisters. Makes perfect sense to award a player for placing cities near fresh water when settling on the coast. At least with the extra food bonus from the lake its viable to work it in all eras. CIV5 has serious issues with gains from tiles anway.

Thanks for the search, Petek.
The +2 :c5food: for lakes confused me.
Was this added in one of the patches?

I can confirm that a lake doesn't get +1 :c5food: from a lighthouse when the floating gardens are also present,
but without the Aztec UB a lighthouse still gives +1 :c5food: to a lake.

Sorry, my Steam is in French and it says Chinampa instead of Floating Gardens...

Well, it doesn't make sense the lighthouse works on all lakes except the ones where your cities have Floating Gardens. Can we all agree it's a bug? ;)

By the way, I also don't like the fact that you can build some water-related improvements if you have a coast nearby but not if you have a fresh-water lake. But this, of course, is not a bug...

Cheers!

Mad Hab

It's getting late here. I'll look at the save files provided by Tatran (Thanks!) tomorrow and (presumably) confirm the bug then.

Bug confirmed. In the first save file provided by Tatran, the Aztec city has a Lighthouse (LH), but no Floating Gardens (FG). The nearby lake tile produces 3 :c5food:, as expected. In the second save file, the city has a FG, but no LH. Now the lake tile yields 4 :c5food:, again as expected. In the third save the city has both a LH and a FG, but the lake tile still produces only 4 :c5food:. This confirms that a LH will increase the food output of a lake tile, except when the city also has built a FG.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

Top Bottom