Ghost Pirate Ship Terrorizes East Coast

7thsamurai

Chieftain
A few of the technical difficulties I've run into since getting Civ V last month:

The issue of playing on a huge world and getting 65 cities or so is the worst one. They shouldn't have released the game and they had to know it was like this, right? So aggravating to play since 4000 BC, get up to a modern military ready to roll and have it all crash. B.S.

I had an attack helicopter with a +1 movement upgrade, and every time I would send it its maximum range(down the rail road) it would crash the program. If I moved it a few tiles, then a few more it would complete the distance, but not in one shot.

Most recently I have been terrorized by a ghost trireme off the Atlantic coast. It has killed a few units that were embarked, yet my cities, archers and naval units are unable to fire on it. It shows up as having -1 HP and is therefore not a target, but it keeps going up and down the coast from Miami to DC devouring civilian vessels. Id make a screen shot but I cant get it to work on ms paint. it just gets the black background...

I feel like they dumbed the game down a bit(no freight, less options when dealing with other civs, no espionage etc.), but when it works, it looks good.

Jinkies

Ok, it is not very helpful but with Ghost Pirates somebody had to make a Scooby Doo reference :p

id gladly upload the save file if I knew how. Care to talk me through it?

There's another ghost ship now by New Zealand with -4 HP. It seems to be from encountering AI naval units.

id gladly upload the save file if I knew how. Care to talk me through it?

There's another ghost ship now by New Zealand with -4 HP. It seems to be from encountering AI naval units.

To post a save file, you need to use the Post Reply button; quick reply won't work for this. After you've gotten to the reply screen, look down the page for the Manage Attachments button. Click that and you'll get a window that allows you to browse to the save file and upload it.

If your prtscr button produces black screens in MS Paint, try Alt + prtscr instead and then paste into Paint.

HTH

Petek

thanks Petek.

If you try it, the trireme is off the coast of Washington.

I should add this is using the RealNameEarth MOD and scenario on King difficulty level.

Attachments

• ghost ship.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
my most recent saved file from the same game, the trireme is still there with -1 HP. there is also one off the coast of new zealand(atlanta) and they are galleys, not triremes.

take 2.

Attachments

• Washington_0321 AD-1901.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
Holy crap! It's the Flying Dutchman! Run!!! :lol:

That would really make me mad, considering the Barbarian Triremes are annoying enough as it is. :)

I can confirm the helicopter crash in vanilla, unmodded Civ V. It happens when moving a helicopter with move bonus entirely along rail.
Game always crashes on end of turn

I suspect that this is the same bug as this confirmed bug:
Crashing savegame: Moving helicopter on territory of friendly CS -> Crash (recorded in confirmed bug list as 'Reproducible crash - moving helicopter')

I tried to verify using the two savegames in that report, but could not (first crashed, probably due to localization issues. Second had DLC I don't have)

Top Bottom