Alice in Wonderland

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
"One pill makes you larger, another makes you small, and the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all, just ask Alice when she's 10 feet tall...." - White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane

Well, here's a "grown up" version of the classic Alice from the Wonderland series.

Go down the Rabbit Hole

The reason I ended up using the Green BG (and will likely be using it in the future on certain units) is that when you have a unit with bright-red items/accessories, there is a tendency for the brighter shades of Red to be mistaken for some of the BG color by my paint program when it applies the palette, so I ended up with pinkish spots on the sword and her tights... By simply re-mapping the shadow colors (all I did was go into the PaintShop Pro palette editing tool and set the "hue" to, IIRC, 83) to green, and re-rendering with a suitably green BG, I was able to completely eliminate the problem... I also ended up using this technique with my General Beatrix unit and at least one other as of yet unreleased unit that I made recently to solve palette issues.

In the future, if I end up doing a unit that has a lot of red (or maybe even one that uses Red as its civ-coloring), I'm going to set the BG to straight Green (RGB = 0,255,0) from the get-go so I don't end up having to re-render the entire unit after finding palette bugs when rendering on a magenta BG.

Ouch. You missed a tremendous opportunity for the fidget; she should have played croquet.

Hello Alice. Thank you, Hikaro, for filling a much needed-to-be-filled hole in our unit lines, which have presumed an Alice from the first. Thanks for all the time you put into it, and for putting up with our kibbitzing.

One idea for future Victorian females you may wish to make, could be to make them "courtesy" instead of bow? :)

I was about to say, that should be "curtsy', but when I looked it up, the spelling of it is also correct. It is odd to see a girl in a pinafore bow, I'd have to admit.

Awesome! :goodjob: Amazing unit there.

Good call on Jefferson Airplane too. <3

Great job, Hikaro. Looks really nice and well animated!:goodjob::)

Top Bottom