War of the Pacific (1879)

NightKnight

Chieftain
This map represents a war between 3 countries of south america: Peru and Bolivia against Chile. In the real history, Chile won the war and take 3 regions of Peru and Bolivia. In this scenario you could recreate history or change it. Also you can use another nation and conquer other while the Saltpeter war is been fighting.

In the year 1879, the conflict of the chilenans and bolivians, get violent. The military superiority of Chile, get Bolivia nervious, so they called the help of Peru in the war, making them rebember their mutual protection pact. The chilenans warned Peru and make them stay neutral. Peru decided comply the pact with bolivia.In July 5 of 1879, Chile declared war to Peru.
This war made a rivality between Chile and Peru.

Chile wanted Saltpeter beacause his uses: for agriculture, for weapons, etc.
Chile have a very bad terrain but they get help from the English with their great army they win the war.
Miguel Grau was an almirant that commanded the Monitor Huascar. He died in action and when the Huascar was sinked, the war was winned because the bad state of the peruvian army.

V1.0 Screenshot

V1.5 Screenshot

Civs:
Peru
Chile
Bolivia
Ecuador
Colombia
Mexico
Venezulea
Guyana
Brasil
Argentina
Uruguay
Paraguay

Units an UU:
Infantry:
-Line Infantry(4,3,1,Saltpeter) And imported New!
-Line Rifleman(3,4,1,Saltpeter) And imported New!
-Skirmisher(3,3,1,)New!
-Military Cavalry(4,2,2,Iron Horses)
-Peruvian Infantry(4,4,1,Saltpeter) And imported New!
-Peruvian Husar(4,1,2,Iron Horses)
-Chilenan Rifleman(3,4,1,Saltpeter) And imported New!
-Chilenan Infantry(5,3,1,Saltpeter) And imported New!
-Chilenan Cavalry(3,1,2,Saltpeter)
-Bolivian Infantry(4,3,2,Saltpeter) And imported New!
-Bolivian Cavalry(3,3,3,Iron Horses)
Artillery:
-Cannon(8,1,1,1,Saltpeter Iron) And imported New!
-Peruvian Cannon(8,1,1,1,Saltpeter Iron) And imported New!
-Chilenan Cannon(8,2,1,1,Saltpeter Iron) And imported New!
Naval Units:
-Galleon(1,2,6,4)
-Blindaded Frigate(2,2,3,1,2,5,Iron Saltpeter) And Imported New!
-Ironclad(5,6,6,1,2,3,Iron Coal)
-Corbet(15,8,6,1,2,8, Oil) And Imported New!
-Monitor(13,15,7,1,2,6, Iron Coal)

Game Files -- http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=90117
V1.0 -- Erased after 59 Downloads
V1.5 -- 4 Downloads
V2.0 -- http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=92376

Changes:
V1.5:
-Less Cities
-Added the imported Resources
-Added Units
-Guyana is not a playable race.
V2.0:
-Added Machu Picchu wonder
-Edited Units
-Game Files got additions

The screenshot looks good, but maybe you could give a bit more detail about the civs, units, historical background. Also, why is the date in the screenshot 2081?

Love some of the flag leaderheads. Where did you get them from?

Another note: perhaps some of the city locations can be more accurate and perhaps Peru can have lesser cities.

Why do you need to have as many cities as departments? I don't really see the point for this.

Also what's with Mexico? I could understand the stretch in geography if Mexico was heavily involved in the region, but it wasn't. You just ignored all of Central America for a reason I am not really sure of.

There should be three Guyanas, British, French and Dutch. If you don't want to add three civilizations I'd just ignore them all together since an independent Guyana didn't exist at this time and it adds very little to the game.

I'd also suggest giving Brazil more cities to reflect their power and population more accurately compared to the other civilizations.

Mostly a good scenario, but it needs some work still.

necesito ayuda como se instalan los mods y las unidades y todo eso ayudaaa

Alguien de aqui habla español?

Un pequito solamente...

Necesitas hablas en Ingles aqui.

Bienvenido a CFC!:D

Sorry, but my Espanol isn't good enough to explain. Download the files to Civ3/Conquests/Scenarios on your computer. Then start the game, select Civ Content & select the scenario/mod to play it. The Spanish language version probably looks different, though...

(To non-Spanish speakers, the guy wants to know if anyone speaks Spanish & can tell him how to install Civ3 mods & stuff.)

Why do you need to have as many cities as departments? I don't really see the point for this.

Also what's with Mexico? I could understand the stretch in geography if Mexico was heavily involved in the region, but it wasn't. You just ignored all of Central America for a reason I am not really sure of.

There should be three Guyanas, British, French and Dutch. If you don't want to add three civilizations I'd just ignore them all together since an independent Guyana didn't exist at this time and it adds very little to the game.

I'd also suggest giving Brazil more cities to reflect their power and population more accurately compared to the other civilizations.

I kwon, the proud make me put so many cities to my country, and im gonna retake the scenario and make it better. Yo hablo español, pero no comentes en mi thread esas cosas

Descomprimes lo descargado en la carpeta scenarios de tu civ 3 conquest

1)Mexico is an option for the players, just that.
2)The Central America Nations were forming up, like Panama is part of colombia in that year
3)In that year, that was the only Guyana.
4)Im going to think what to do with Brazil, im busy with other scenario and i have LOTS OF PROBLEMS with the Improvements

Hmmm... I thought the War in the Pacific was over Guano (Bird Droppings) because it was used commonly in early Dynamite. Oh well, good idea though.

Hmmm... I thought the War in the Pacific was over Guano (Bird Droppings) because it was used commonly in early Dynamite. Oh well, good idea though.

Bolivia increased the tax to the saltpeter, breaking a treatment with chile, the Chile´s land wasnt productive so they needed the saltpeter for their lands and their economy was very unstable. They occupied Antofagasta and it started a conflict, Bolivia ask Peru for help (because we had something like a Mutual Protection Pact) Chile say to Peru that we must stay neutral, but we must acept to the call of bolivia, and the war began.

The land of Chile was and is a very unproductive land. In real history Chile conquers Peru´s Capital: Lima, and we werent prepared to war, our president make a colect of money to poor and rich, so he can go to France and get armament, but he never return, so we were screwed, but in the mountain range Avelino Caceres started a Defense against the Chilenan Troops (the Skirmisher its suposed to represent Avelino Caceres´s forces for Peru), we resisted, Chile got what they want (Saltpeter, and Guano from our islands), they take lots of Guano for their lands, Bolivia lose Antofagasta and their only contact with sea and we lost Iquique, Arica and Tacna, we get peace with Ancon´s Treatment. Bolivia made peace with Chile before all tish hapend, after antofagasta fall they retreat of the war so how i said we were very screwed. After years Chile asked to the population of Tacna and Arica who the citie wanted to be part, Chile or Peru, Chile send lots of Chilenans to the 2 cities, the result was, Tacna for us and Arica for them, we losts lots of things, Our books of our libraries, Iquique and Arica, Lots of money that our president stole. In the 70s the president Francisco Morales Bermúdez organized a attack to Chile under the Dictadorship of Pinochet, we had the day and the hour, but were betrayed by USA, so we couldnt atacked, USA betrayed us cause we were allies of the USSR.

Thats all i remember of the classes of history and some internet things, here i answer your question and lots of other questions. This is a VERY RESUMED war, cause i dont write of Miguel Grau and the Old Huascar that sinked Powerfull last technology ships of Chile, etc ,etc.

Top Bottom