Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - Creation & Customization > Civ5 - Utility Programs

Old Dec 02, 2010, 10:12 PM   #1
MouseyPounds
Prince

Production [Tuner Panel] Change Game Options & Victory Conditions

Attached is a simple Tuner panel giving easy access to all the advanced options (e.g. "Quick Combat" or "Raging Barbarians") and victory conditions for a running game. It even includes the 4 "hidden" options which are marked invisible in the standard game. Obviously only some of them have impact, but since I was making a panel that would let me turn "Quick Combat" on/off at will I figured it wouldn't hurt to include everything else available.

Installation

Unzip the attached file and place in the "Debug" subdirectory of the Civ5 Program folder (which on my machine is "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v") alongside the .ltp files for all the other Tuner panels. Then from inside the Tuner, choose "Open Panel" and pick "Options.ltp". If you want to ensure that the Options panel always opens with the default panels, choose "Edit Project Panels" from the Admin menu and check it.

Use

Spoiler for screenshot from original version:

The first column contain checkboxes for all the standard visible options. Just uncheck anything you want to turn off and check anything you want to turn on. As noted in the intro, some will work better than others; for instance "Quick Combat" can be changed without issue but changing the "No Ancient Ruins" option doesn't have any effect on a running game since those are placed during map generation.

The second column has checkboxes for the 4 "hidden" options which aren't normally available on the setup screen. I have no idea how well they function but "Always War" and "Always Peace" both did pretty much what I expected in limited testing.

Also in the second column are checkboxes for the allowed victory conditions as well as an integer control for max number of turns. Again this was pretty minimally tested; one thing I did notice is that if you enable a previously-disabled condition the F8 Victory Progress screen doesn't seem to add an entry for that condition until you save and reload.

Distribution

Feel free to use, modify, and distribute this at will although I'd appreciate a link back to this thread so that any comments, suggestions, etc. find their way here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Options_v1135.zip (1.3 KB, 2447 views)

Last edited by MouseyPounds; Dec 15, 2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Updated with new options for 1.0.1.135
MouseyPounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2010, 11:57 AM   #2
alpaca
King of Ungulates

Sounds useful. I really wonder why they made quick combat an advanced setup option rather than a graphics one? Maybe for MP...
alpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 06:49 PM   #3
MouseyPounds
Prince

Attachment in first post has been updated with the 2 new options introduced in 1.0.1.135 (Policy & Promo saving)
Old Jan 05, 2011, 03:30 AM   #4
teoleo
Chieftain

how i can open/start the tuner????
teoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2011, 07:33 AM   #5
MouseyPounds
Prince

1) Download "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK" from Steam (through Library -> Tools)
2) Open up the config.ini file located in your Civ5 user folder (e.g. "C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V" on Vista)
3) Look for the line "EnableTuner = 0" and change it to be "EnableTuner = 1" then save changes.
4) Launch Civ V
5) Launch the Tuner from the SDK shortcut of the Steam menu
Old Jan 06, 2011, 02:21 AM   #6
teoleo
Chieftain

thank,

i have resolved, for now, my game freeze problems....

Last edited by teoleo; Jan 06, 2011 at 02:58 AM.
teoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:16 AM   #7
JumpyMonkey
Chieftain

how does the resource/unit/feature plopper work?
JumpyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 12:57 AM   #8
MouseyPounds
Prince

Basically you just select the checkbox for the kind of plopper you are going to use, select any necessary options (e.g. the type of unit and owning civ if using the unit plopper) then alt-tab back to the game and the "plopping" will happen everywhere you left-click. Then you alt-tab back to the tuner and uncheck the plopper.

If you have further trouble with the ploppers you may want to create a new topic in the main C&C forum as it's really outside the focus of this topic.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 01:09 AM   #9
aznpeanut
Chieftain

Hey does anyone know how to edit the names of units with firetuner?
I'm trying to change the name of my great generals and I was wondering if this can be done in tuner.
aznpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:33 AM   #10
psychok9
Chieftain

Very nice panel.
I've same question, why not on graphics menu...
Quote:
Originally Posted by teoleo View Post
thank,

i have resolved, for now, my game freeze problems....
How do you do?
psychok9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 10:15 PM   #11
snoochems
Prince

This is awesome. Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:59 PM   #12
snoochems
Prince

Any reason why this wouldn't work with G&K?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 08:27 PM   #13
legend233
Chieftain

Has anybody made this work with a multiplayer game? My friend and I are in the middle of a great game but would like to edit some victory conditions.
legend233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 03, 2014, 02:10 PM   #14
Hitesh12
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend233 View Post
Has anybody made this work with a multiplayer game? My friend and I are in the middle of a great game but would like to edit some victory conditions.
Would like to know the same. I would like to remove the 500 turns limit
Hitesh12 is offline   Reply With Quote