A quickie about space victory..

Alan McG

Cannelloni
How are you supposed to assemble the parts? I read somewhere they have to be assmebled in your capital but there is no option when I moved the different parts there. And because of the unit per square limitation I cannot get more than 1 spaceship part inside the capital at the same time.

You just need to move it into your capital city and then a little icon will appear in the top left of the bar where you usually choose to miss a go or sleep etc.

Sadly it's a bit of an anti-climax because you expect to see something exciting happen, but nothing does!

Panda answered how to build it, but once you finish the game ends abruptly.

Click the play one more turn option and you can actually see it launch out of your capital.

You just need to move it into your capital city and then a little icon will appear in the top left of the bar where you usually choose to miss a go or sleep etc.

Sadly it's a bit of an anti-climax because you expect to see something exciting happen, but nothing does!

How do you actually put it inside your capital city? I built one of the boosters in the capital and it's there.

I built the other parts a different cities and brought them as close to the city as I could. I have all the parts, but can not put it together.

I'm a newb at this...take it easy on me.

Hiya dj_morton ... it sounds like you have several pieces of space ship all milling around at once. This isn't something I've tried out in the actual game, but I have built the spaceship without problems which leads me to suspect that you are falling foul of the 1 unit per tile restriction. Deal with the ship parts one at a time, starting with the one that is already in your capital. Select it, and then look at the popup where you have all the icons for miss a turn, move to etc. The top icon should be a little rocket or something - hover over it and you will see that it says something like "add to space ship" (can't remember the exact wording, sorry!). Click on it, and that spaceship piece will disappear. A message will appear on the right of the screen (where you get all the in-game messages eg open borders agreement has ended etc) saying that you have built a spaceship part. Then move the other parts, one by one, into your capital using the move command and click on the build spaceship icon for each of them in turn. My bet is that you are having problems because you can only have one spaceship part in your capital at any time.

Hope this works and welcome to Civ :)

PS You don't need to build all the pieces before you start to assemble the rocket - you can add them one at a time, as you build them, over many turns if you want to. Civ veterans will know this instinctively, but if you are new to the game it isn't obvious.

Thanks for the reply.

I saved the game from that point. I went back to it tonight and still couldn't get it to work. I build a few pieces in Washington and those were assembled just fine. I moved the remaining 3 pieces that I built in other cities away from my capitol. I put one piece up close to the city. Nothing. I got the move mode, and sleep mode, etc...but now the assemble option.

I'm lost lol.

you just take each piece into the capital individually.

The abilities bar on the left side which includes putting the unit to sleep or skipping its turn, will have an option (the top one) to add the part to the spaceship.

The only way this doesn't work is if you've already won the game another way and you're doing the 'just one more turn' mode and trying to finish the space ship. I've tried this before and you can't finish the space ship this way.

Other than that, if you aren't following this order, you are doing something wrong in what I, and others have said. This is absolutely all you gotta do.

you will need to move any Great People, Workers, Settlers, or other units out of your capital before you bring the Spaceship Parts in, or the game won't allow you to move them there... only exception is garrisonned units.

The unit has to be IN the capital. It it isn't you can't launch it. Simply having it near the capital won't do anything.

you will need to move any Great People, Workers, Settlers, or other units out of your capital before you bring the Spaceship Parts in, or the game won't allow you to move them there... only exception is garrisonned units.

This solved it...I had a Great Person...

Thanks fellas...still figuring this stuff out!

you just take each piece into the capital individually.

The abilities bar on the left side which includes putting the unit to sleep or skipping its turn, will have an option (the top one) to add the part to the spaceship.

The only way this doesn't work is if you've already won the game another way and you're doing the 'just one more turn' mode and trying to finish the space ship. I've tried this before and you can't finish the space ship this way.

Other than that, if you aren't following this order, you are doing something wrong in what I, and others have said. This is absolutely all you gotta do.

Any word on a patch to allow the spaceship to be completed after clicking "one more turn" or is it mandatory to win a space victory first before succeeding in the other victory types when trying to do the "stand the test of time" achievement?

Top Bottom